Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wood/

Wood/

I am closing in the windshield of my 45C and would like to put the same wood or paneling that is on the walls inside. I AM NOT SURE BUT I BELIVE IT IS CALLED TIGER MAPLE OR SOMTHING ALONG THAT LINE. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME A SOURCE AND THE CORRECT NAME AT LEASE.IT IS A 1986

TIGHT LINES tIM
    Last edited by Tim Powell; 02-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Re: Wood/

Tim, give these boys a call and ask for Paul. Tell him Freebird sent you and he'll let you have anything you want for 25% over retail.

http://www.swanpointmarina.com/
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

LOL I knew I posted a reply, but I didn't notice you posted your thread again!!
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    Tim, give these boys a call and ask for Paul. Tell him Freebird sent you and he'll let you have anything you want for 25% over retail.

http://www.swanpointmarina.com/

I DID NOT SEE IT GO THROUGH THE FIRST TIME SORRY

In that year boat I would think you would have afromosia. Does it look like this:

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    I DID NOT SEE IT GO THROUGH THE FIRST TIME SORRY
    No apology necessary as it's easy to double clutch a thread on here.

Paul has replaced all the interior wood on my buddy's boat who owns that marina with him. Check out their site and you'll see the work he's doing on Boss Lady which is a 48YF. They're in your neck of the woods too. Paul used to post on here under "starman", but he's too busy to play with us these days.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    I am closing in the windshield of my 45C and would like to put the same wood or paneling that is on the walls inside. I AM NOT SURE BUT I BELIVE IT IS CALLED TIGER MAPLE OR SOMTHING ALONG THAT LINE. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME A SOURCE AND THE CORRECT NAME AT LEASE.IT IS A 1986

TIGHT LINES tIM
    Tim, It seems that you are asking for a source for the wood not a carpenter to install so I'd suggest that you try www.worldpanel.com down in Riviera Beach, FL. Many of the top marine carpenters get their wood directly from these guys, so why shouldn't you? They have anything you want including the original Hatteras Afromosia or Mozambique in veneers that they sell by the roll or already applied to plywood and sold in sheets and the also have solid boards, etc.

Sounds like a nice project. GOOD LUCK!

Sam's has what you need as well.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

thanks every one for all your info what a grate site this is

tight lines tim

World Panel Products are great. I have used their Afromosia plywood and it is identical to what Hatteras put in these boats when they were new. Nice guys to deal with, and their prices are fair as well.