Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

V-belt Equivalent

I have a 1998 3 cyl Kubota on my generator. Ther original v-belt is marked "W BANDO FM 37.6". This is apparently no longer marketed as such by BANDO and they are researching their equivalent (I'll probably have to go to the boat and measure the cross-section). I recall this same belt was on a Ford Lehman 120 I previously had. Is anyone aware of the modern equivalent from a more common source?

Re: V-belt Equivalent

Only thing I can offer is take it off and have NAPA measure it.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

measure a new one if at all possible, belts stretch after use. napa offers a "heavy duty"--"commercial" belt, in a green sleeve. my napa dealer said to ask if the belt is available in a green belt. the green belt has kevlar in it...bigbill

4. Re: V-belt Equivalent

Any place that sells belts can get you an equivalent....all that matters is that when installed it does not still down inside the pulley vee...the ideal is 1/16" proud...that is a smidgen above the pully edge.....and that you can adjust for your desired degree of snugness....I like the new style belts with the grooves/teeth on the inside.....seems like they might grip better like tires....
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Thanks, NAPA is my regular boat friend!