Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Deck to Flybridge ladder ideas

I have never liked running between my aft deck and the flying bridge as I manuever the Whaler up/down on the davit. Bear in mind I do not have an aft deck ladder-up, I must run through the salon, into the pilothouse and up the ladder, back across the flybridge, climb over the weatherboard, etc. So I have often thought about installing a ladder between the narrow starboard side deck, outside the weatherboard, up to the flybridge deck alongside the davit.
    I think I could buy a super-long pin-in style ladder from Marquipt like I use to board the boat sometimes (a 4 step). I do like the thought of it being removable. I also thought about scrounging another ladder like the swim platform-to-aft deck ladder I have. Probably wouldn't be quite tall enough. Maybe a narrow fabricated ss ladder from one of the custom fabricators? Very few would ever use this ladder, no kids or anything like that.
    What are your thoughts?
    Attached Images
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Re: Deck to Flybridge ladder ideas

Bear, It looks like geting over the aft dodger to the ladder will be akward. Have you considered a removable extension of the swim step ladder. You would be working at a place where the gate can be opened.

Bob

Chateau de Mer
    1981 48MY
    Currently in Marathon

No honestly I hadn't thought about a different placement. I was just thinking to keep it out of the way - but maybe if I went with a removeable ladder there is a better place to use it? Thanks, keep 'em coming.
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Not sure what a custom Marquipt ladder would run 'ya - certainly a boat buck or two. You might be better off hiring a dock hand for a few minutes and a twenty? Two people guiding would likely be better than 1 with a ladder.
    Last edited by TopHattandTails; 02-17-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

5. Re: Deck to Flybridge ladder ideas

This is on Dave Cates new to him 56...

Hi Dave!!

If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

www.flybridge.proboards.com