Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Navigation software

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Craig

you know what? I don't give a ---- if you think this was "pompous" I do know that your only contribution to the thread is just bitching about it being moved.

I believe moderators should be above this. Since this may be too much to ask maybe resign as a moderator.

It would also have been easy to say " OK maybe I should have left it there" or Since the majority feels it is a technical discussion I will move it back".

If the subject is a technical one on an item that is used on a Hatteras like electronics shouldn't it be in the tech section?

Should we start a poll?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Here is the first line of the sticky in the tech forum:

Hatteras Talk Guidelines
    This section of the forum is for the more technical threads and topics specifically related to Hatteras yachts. Threads in this section should STAY ON TOPIC.

Nav software is NOT SPECIFICALLY related to hatteras yacht, is it?

Funny how those complainig about the location of the thread have not contributed ANYTHING to help the members asking questions...

Btw, if you look under my name it says member... Not moderator. I stopped moderating a long time ago and just clean the spam and move the occasional thread around... No problem this is the last time and move a thread or clean up the spam...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Pascal, no offense (really), but look how many posts you made on this thread before you decided it was in the wrong place. I guess the big question on most people's mind is, why bother at that point?

Seems to me if you're still wearing your moderator hat, you would have been more interested in cleaning up threads where F bombs were flying and personal attacks were getting out of hand. But hey, what do I know? I'm just static on your AM radio.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post

OK 'Bird, you know this is all YOUR fault....we didn't even have/need a sandbar before you showed up! Hey, wasn't the 'bar created during the Bush years?

See there, you brought up politics...NOW it belongs in the sandbar!
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by egaito View Post
    OK 'Bird, you know this is all YOUR fault....we didn't even have/need a sandbar before you showed up! Hey, wasn't the 'bar created during the Bush years?

See there, you brought up politics...NOW it belongs in the sandbar!
    "We" needed it, "we" just didn't know it before I showed up and did the unthinkable... talk about cruising, thank members for helping me find things like slips and mechanics, taking the time to get to know members on a personal basis and encouraging them when life had them down... you know... "drivel".

Wait a minute, you're right, this is all Bush's fault.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

So are there differences between batteries and navigation software? Is one technical and the other not when used on the same Hatteras?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Not that it matters but since I use the active thread page I don't always see or loom at which forum a thread is posted in... That s why I contributed yo the thread before realizing it was not in the best location... Here happy with the explanation?

So let see the first 24 posts were on topic and useful... The next 20 do not contribute anything...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Funny... " moderator rights" what planet are you from? Planet kindergarden? Do you think there are any benefits or rights to receiving emails about spam that need to be cleaned up or grown men who can't discuss something without using the F word and resorting to insults?

Look at this thread and what you are arguing! You are arguing about where it should be ! Who cares!

Grow up, will you?

If you have a problem with me moving the thread orwhatever, I suggest you contact the owner of the forum... This is not a hippie commune or some reality tv show..
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Nav software thread location

Rather hypocritical of you to bring up the issue of members insulting one another, don't you think?

I mean just take a look back through this one... a moderator attacking a member. I can provide many more examples. Perhaps you are the one who needs to grow up.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Nav software thread location

Where can I get the popcorn thingy? This is really fun to watch.

Just a question.

Why did you not do something about the F bombs in the other thread but get so active to fixing this one?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.