Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Time To Take A Stand

I would like to see the big banks taxed, feed, sued, boned, ooga-boogad and prosecuted out of existence. All of them.

The way I see it either you stand for what's right or you don't. Don't do business with these banks. Don't do business with anyone or any company that does. Boycott them all. Each and every one, and each and every person who does business with them.

Kill these firms dead. Kill them legally (their companies, not them personally and corporally) but kill them dead.

If you don't then I don't want to hear you complain when you get bent over the table again, and again, and again.

I would like to see every one of these executives and/or their firms meet this as their fate:

If these were MISTAKES I'd understand. But they were not. This is a documented fact. As early as 2006, and I can prove it with newspaper articles, it was known and published that one in 10 of the "ALT-A" loans being made had honest incomes on the application. MORE THAN HALF were overstated by 50% or more.

The banks took these loans, they securitized these loans, and they sold these loans. They knew these facts and they did not disclose them. I have prospectuses from deals done in 2007. NOWHERE is the fact that the loans in these securities were laced with fraud disclosed, yet HUD published a study in April and there were several prior to that by various industry groups.

If I sell you a car that I know has bad brakes, I don't tell you, and you die as a consequence, I'm responsible.

These banks sold this trash knowing it was garbage, didn't disclose it, and the economy died as a consequence. They're responsible.

The corporate death penalty is the appropriate punishment and it is within your power as citizens of this nation to bring that about.

http://moveyourmoney.info
    Last edited by Genesis; 01-14-2010 at 09:55 PM.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Time To Take A Stand

Reminds me of Hugo Chavez. I have never felt less safe in my life. Earn some revenue and the lawyers are lined up to take it away with the full support of the appellate court judges who constantly modify the laws to benefit their trial lawyer friends. Obama cheering them on all the way. AND .. if the lawyers don't succeed in getting your dough, then Obama and his congressional thieves will like he's going to do with the banks and of course already does to every high income earner.

The end result of this thievery of course, is inflation and our government printing more and more money making our currency worth less. AND ... who does that hurt the most? All those Fckers who voted for the loser in the first place.

I'll be ok. TEA PARTY

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    I would like to see the big banks taxed, feed, sued, boned, ooga-boogad and prosecuted out of existence. All of them.

The way I see it either you stand for what's right or you don't. Don't do business with these banks. Don't do business with anyone or any company that does. Boycott them all. Each and every one, and each and every person who does business with them.

Kill these firms dead. Kill them legally (their companies, not them personally and corporally) but kill them dead.

If you don't then I don't want to hear you complain when you get bent over the table again, and again, and again.

I would like to see every one of these executives and/or their firms meet this as their fate:

If these were MISTAKES I'd understand. But they were not. This is a documented fact. As early as 2006, and I can prove it with newspaper articles, it was known and published that one in 10 of the "ALT-A" loans being made had honest incomes on the application. MORE THAN HALF were overstated by 50% or more.

The banks took these loans, they securitized these loans, and they sold these loans. They knew these facts and they did not disclose them. I have prospectuses from deals done in 2007. NOWHERE is the fact that the loans in these securities were laced with fraud disclosed, yet HUD published a study in April and there were several prior to that by various industry groups.

If I sell you a car that I know has bad brakes, I don't tell you, and you die as a consequence, I'm responsible.

These banks sold this trash knowing it was garbage, didn't disclose it, and the economy died as a consequence. They're responsible.

The corporate death penalty is the appropriate punishment and it is within your power as citizens of this nation to bring that about.

http://moveyourmoney.info
    Look Karl I get your sentiment and I agree with you about the banks. And making them known and not using them is a great idea. But putting your seal of aproval on the government imposing a punitive tax is wrong. Better than 80% of Americans didn't want these banks bailed out in the first place but the Gov. did it anyway. Now because they did what we didn't want them to do they now say the tax will be payback to the American people what BS. The government IMHO is just as much to blame as the banks. Allowing them to impose the tax is in fact empowering them further it's just a bad idea.

Brian

4. Re: Time To Take A Stand

I don't care HOW we kill these beasts, and so long as its legal I'll advocate for it.

This is legal, therefore, I'll advocate for it.

They need to go. Period.

If the banks broke the law (and they did) then the gov. should prosecute them. But they can't because they worked hand in with them when they broke those laws. You want to empower an equaly (or some would argue more corupt group) (the Gov.) to punish another corupt group. It's an end justifies the means mentality and the end result will only make things worse for the average American.

THIS GROUP NEEDS TO BE STOPED NOT EMPOWERED FURTHER.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    I don't see any penalties to fanny or freddy...the Gov. is starting again with it's low interest mortages and tax breaks to get people to borrow, yeha, borrow themselves into bankruptcy..If the banks were that bad, strange how most have pd back the tarp funds with interest...just think...no shareholder owned banks ,,just let fanny and freddy be the bankers...then all US citizens will be shareholders, just like the auto co's.
    You also don't see efforts to tax "excessive" bonuses, or limit the "excessive" compensation packages at fanny or freddy
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

7. Re: Time To Take A Stand

Ok, then stop 'em.

Stop doing business with these banks. All of them.
    Stop doing business with anyone who does business at these banks.

This means no accepting checks from them. No accepting orders for payment through them.

You have to (under the law) take DOLLAR BILLS as legal tender for payment of debts. You DO NOT have to accept a credit instrument, including a check, as that is NOT legal tender.

WE THE PEOPLE have the power here folks.

When are you going to stop willfully bending over the table?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Degulis View Post

They also decided to do the 40% tax on the Cadillac Health care insurance plans. I've provided these plans to my employees for around 10 years. Funny I thought I was doing the right thing I thought the goal here was to provide good health insurance to as many as possible. I guess not. There is no way I can continue to provide those plans with a 40% tax. As if that's not bad enough Unions get exempted until 2017 for non union like me it will be immediate. Can anyone explain the fairness in that? Why would you exempt Union workers who typically earn more than non union workers.

Brian
    Never have been a big fan of unions....they may have had their place at one time, but for years have been nothing more than a pox on any industry they touch, from automobiles to education. Now, with this effort, they are lobbying to be a pox on America itself. I've pretty much decided that if the unions get this exemption, that I'm done considering "Buy American" in any purchasing decisions where the manufactures are unionized. For example, where an American car might have gained points for being American made, now, they'll lose points in my sentiment regarding their products rather than gaining that emotional edge that often helped me overlook an otherwise inferior product.

So, the Congress and Senate want to exempt themselves, and the unions want an exemption from taxing their superior plans, but they all think it's a great idea for the rest of us.....what planet does one have to come from to think this is a good idea?

I wish I was registered to vote in MA......
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Ok, then stop 'em.

Stop doing business with these banks. All of them.
    Stop doing business with anyone who does business at these banks.

This means no accepting checks from them. No accepting orders for payment through them.

You have to (under the law) take DOLLAR BILLS as legal tender for payment of debts. You DO NOT have to accept a credit instrument, including a check, as that is NOT legal tender.

WE THE PEOPLE have the power here folks.

When are you going to stop willfully bending over the table?
    I really like your message, but in the real world, how does the employee tell his employer that he will not accept his "big" bank" paycheck, and instead, demand cash without getting the instructions that "you can choose not to cash your paycheck, and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out", thereby contributing to the unemployment problem? I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just trying to apply the message to the average Joe in the real world without shooting oneself in the foot.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

10. Re: Time To Take A Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I really like your message, but in the real world, how does the employee tell his employer that he will not accept his "big" bank" paycheck, and instead, demand cash without getting the instructions that "you can choose not to cash your paycheck, and if you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out", thereby contributing to the unemployment problem? I'm not disagreeing with you at all, I'm just trying to apply the message to the average Joe in the real world without shooting oneself in the foot.
    In the real world there is one boss and a shop full of people.

"What is a strike, Alex?"

You're owed your wages. BY LAW you do not have to accept a credit instrument - you may demand legal tender. So can everyone else in your shop.

In the alternative, your employer can choose to do business with a community bank - one that didn't cause the mess!

If he doesn't like that then the entire shop walks out.

It's a choice Angela. We the people have to choose. We will either accept this sort of serial financial rape - the same game that has been going on now for more than three decades - or we will not.

If we do, then we have nobody to blame but ourselves for the unemployment, the inflation, the (now) deflation and the debt being ladled on us to bail these jackasses out.

WE THE PEOPLE have the power to stop it and to put every one of these firms out of business.

Right now.

Right here.