Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Time To Take A Stand

Here's that latest from our out of control government. They want to tax banks to help replace the TARP funds. This includes banks that have already paid back the money with interest and banks that never took any TARP money. The tax will be permanent it will not go away after TARP is settled. So who do you think will end up paying the tax? If you do business with banks you will.

They also decided to do the 40% tax on the Cadillac Health care insurance plans. I've provided these plans to my employees for around 10 years. Funny I thought I was doing the right thing I thought the goal here was to provide good health insurance to as many as possible. I guess not. There is no way I can continue to provide those plans with a 40% tax. As if that's not bad enough Unions get exempted until 2017 for non union like me it will be immediate. Can anyone explain the fairness in that? Why would you exempt Union workers who typically earn more than non union workers.

This administration is a train wreck. It has absolutely no use for fairness or justice and spits on basic American Ideals. I guess hope change and transparency really meant theft back room deals and favoritism to likely supporters.

MAKE SURE THESE PEOPLE HERE YOU IN NOVEMBER AND AGAIN IN 2012. TRY TO LEARN THE FACTS ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND SPREAD THE WORD. MAKE YOUR OPINON KNOWN TO ALL AND MAKE IT CLEAR IT'S NO LONGER ABOUT POLITICS IT'S ABOUT PRESERVING THE AMERICA WE GREW UP IN. WE'RE LOSING IT VERY QUICKLY.

AND FOR ALL YOU OBAMA SUPPORTERS TAKE A GOOD LOOK IS THIS REALLY WHAT YOU WANT?

I'm going to continue to post what I learn on this thread. Maybe some others will join in but lets do our best to keep it a factual account of what they're doing or proposing.

I'm starting to do things I've never done before. I hope if you feel the way I do you'll join me and do what you can to see to it that this administration goes down in flames. I've had it have you?

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Degulis; 01-14-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Re: Time To Take A Stand

I agree 100%. I, too, have been providing health insurance that pays for everything. We only have a $15 copay on office visits and another small copay on prescriptions. Everything else is paid for. So much for that. This has gone way too far. I fear we will never be able to go back.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

everyday, they come up with something that tops what happened the day before.

they are counting on that 40% tax to pay for the healthcare bill... i guess it hasn't occur that nobody is going to keep buying those plans, except unions. so the actual cost of this disaster is going to skyrocket since that revenue isn't going to come in.

Obama and the dems are going to pay an expensive price for all this come november, and they may get a deposit on that on tuesday. While the left wing of the party may support those actions, they need independents to get elected and they can't like what's going on...

now if Obama was spending as much time and was as decisive on our country security and anti terrorism that he his on Haiti... two press conferences/address today. did anyone notice how he called $100M in aid, an "investment"?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thats why in Massachusetts they are Evan(polls) in the senate run off of Ted (Chappaquiddick) Kennedy 's seat. I am booking a bus to the next tea party and giving free seats to anyone in NJ that wants to go...Cory

One of Obamas cohorts was interviewed on Fox radio yesterday and that question (Union exemptions) was put directly to him, he said NO . all will treated equally. So might be worth checking up, I think the guy was from PA.

Let's see, tax GOOD insurance plans so the only thing the Ins co's can sell are crappy ones, just as bad as what the Govt. is going to offer, Bam! The Public Option trigger. No new taxes on anyone earning less than $250 grand? Hmmmmm, that's another subject.

another sign of the lies and deception going on...

Obama and co. claim that the healthcare bill will control those evil insurance and pharm. company forcing them to end all those mean things there do to the american people... yet, most of those who hosted the fund raiser for Dem Sen. candidate in DC this week are lobyist for insurance and pharma. company knowing full well that her election is critical to the passage of the bill.

does Obama really think that the voters are that stupid?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

8. Re: Time To Take A Stand

Sorry, this is not even close to enough, but its a GOOD START.

Look, these banksters did not just make bad decisions. They ripped off the American Public to the tune of some $10 trillion all-in.

This is a PUNY piece of what they owe the people. They ought to be funding the ENTIRETY of the Health Care Bill.

And no, you don't have to have it cost-shifted to you. PULL YOUR BUSINESS and take it to a local bank or credit union.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I don't see any penalties to fanny or freddy...the Gov. is starting again with it's low interest mortages and tax breaks to get people to borrow, yeha, borrow themselves into bankruptcy..If the banks were that bad, strange how most have pd back the tarp funds with interest...just think...no shareholder owned banks ,,just let fanny and freddy be the bankers...then all US citizens will be shareholders, just like the auto co's.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
    Sorry, this is not even close to enough, but its a GOOD START.

Look, these banksters did not just make bad decisions. They ripped off the American Public to the tune of some $10 trillion all-in.

This is a PUNY piece of what they owe the people. They ought to be funding the ENTIRETY of the Health Care Bill.

And no, you don't have to have it cost-shifted to you. PULL YOUR BUSINESS and take it to a local bank or credit union.

As will any tax on business it WILL get passed on to the consumer. Someone will do business with those banks. If the tax is passed on to other businesses that use that bank, then they will pay more and pass that on. And so on, and so on,..............

Don't ever think that another tax is a good thing. I don't care what went on in the past. More taxation means less freedom, period.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI