Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: Chesapeake Bay HOF Rendezvous?

I would enjoy a HOF get together on the Bay. Pencil in a 42 LRC depending on time and place. Upper bay (above Solomonds) is closest to me but I would consider further.
    Skooch

Sounds like about half are coming from the south and half from the north. Seems like Solomons might be a good mid point? Ok with everyone?
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Sounds like about half are coming from the south and half from the north. Seems like Solomons might be a good mid point? Ok with everyone?
    Coming late to this thread, not sure we can attend, but Solomon's would be my #1 choice. We've stayed at Spring Cove Marina several times. Zahniser's rocks and rolls a bit since it is so close to the channel.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Count on 'Southern Comfort' (Portsmouth, VA) if the rendezvous is in late Summer. We can't make the 4th of July weekend but would be OK with Labor Day.
    Michael & Cindy Ewing

Excellent, sounds like it might be a good sized group. I like the looks of Spring Cove at Solomons and either late summer or early summer (mid summer is brutally hot sometimes). The only problem I see with Spring Cove is being able t accommodate the "bigger" boats. According to their website... Open slips range in size from 26' to 50'.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Excellent, sounds like it might be a good sized group. I like the looks of Spring Cove at Solomons and either late summer or early summer (mid summer is brutally hot sometimes). The only problem I see with Spring Cove is being able t accommodate the "bigger" boats. According to their website... Open slips range in size from 26' to 50'.
    On the end of each dock, they have large T's. Should be able to accommodate a 53 and a 43 at least on each T. That is where they put all of their bigger transients. If we end up with 10 boats, could be problem though.

Of course the T's get taken quite readily so reserving early is the key and also the problem.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

We don't mind being one of the local hookers....
    Labor day weekend sounds great, or somewhere around then.

Sounds like we're in agreement on place, Solomons, correct? How...date...I say either Memorial Day or Labor Day because we want a 3-day and someone said the 4th of July doesnt work for them...anyone care which?
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

the holiday weekends may be a little wild (e.g., hi traffic) and might book up at the marinas; if those don't work out we could just take the friday or the monday off on a regular weekend. we're pretty flexible though.

I'm certainly willing to take a day off and make a 3-day. Anyone else like that idea? Traditional 3-day weekends ARE crazy...I actually try to AVOID taking the boat out on them.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD