Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: Chesapeake Bay HOF Rendezvous?

Southern part of the Bay would work for us.

Michael & Cindy Ewing
    Southern Comfort, 1977 58YF
    Portsmouth, VA

Just curious, what marina in P-town are you at? I lived at Tidewater Yacht on my previous boat for several years.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Talking Re: Chesapeake Bay HOF Rendezvous?

Definitely interested in anything north of Reedville. That's a reasonable trip south from Deale, where we are located.

Dave, we're at Ocean Marine. I look across the Eliz. River at the shipyard where I work. If you haven't been around Tidewater Yacht in the past 3-4 years, you would probably be amazed at the changes. Most of the fixed piers have been replaced with floating docks and the Holiday Inn next door has been demolished.

Michael

I'm down every fall for the Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race and have lots of friends still down in the area. I was shocked when the Holiday Inn was closed..it was the only reasonably priced hotel in downtown/old town.

So, so far it's looking like "mid-bay" to accommodate those coming from both north and south. Solomons? Tangier?
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Anyone else?
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

We're in -
    Mike & Cheryl

Anyone have a preference on time of year or possible date suggestions? Do we want to do it on a 3-day weekend? That way even if its a long day of travel, we all have plenty of time to hang out and see each others boats.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Tangier makes it tough for those travelling by land!

Solomons works for us....as does Annapolis and Baltimore.

We're available pretty much anytime from June - August, except July 4th weekend.

three day weekend is good; no strong preferences on location. Not sure in Annapolis where we'd find dockage that time of year. Had we considered St. Michael's?