Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hatteras 58 YF

Hatteras 58 YF

Hi Gentlemen, thanks for a great site, lot of help!
    Like another Australian that has left a post, I am in the early stages of sourcing a Hattreras 58 YF in the US to ship home to Gold Coast, Australia. I have shipped a 58'foot boat a few years ago and it was a good experience. Now I am looking at an old Hatt 58 YF thinking it is a good replacement at an affordable price. Do any members know of a reasonably good and well priced 58? Also, do you know this vessel:
    hatterasyacht4sale
    Looks like good buying but know from experience that "cheap" is also dangerous. Thanks in Advance.
    Jasper

Re: Hatteras 58 YF

Another query:
    What is the difference between the 58 Cockpit MY and the 58 YF?
    Thanks

I Know The Boat.ignore It.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I wouldnt trust any ad that lists a 871 as 450hp. As far as I'm aware, the highest factory powered 871 is the 435hp one.

58MY and 58YF are not really related...different hulls. The 58YF is BASICALLY a 53MY with a cockpit (but with a smaller aft deck and smaller master cabin).
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Another query:
    What is the difference between the 58 Cockpit MY and the 58 YF?
    Thanks
    The 58 Cockpit MY is a 53 ED with a 5' cockpit. The 58 YF is a 53 Classic with a 5' cockpit. All are built on the 1510 beam hull.

Click on the brochures link on SAM's Marine site for clarification.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I keep seeing a 58yf on ebay located I think in Louisianna. The owner sounded kinda out there so it would be something you would have to go and look at really hard if you can nail him down on $.

How are you going to transport the boat to the Gold Coast? I'm assuming float it onto a ship and meet it over there? If so isn't that about 1,000 per foot ($58,000)?

What do you think the resale would be is Aus?

I'm very familiar with the 58yf and as with any other Hatt if you find one you are serious about make sure and get a complete engine survey and all of the documentation possible. Every tool out there says there engine has been professionally rebuilt but unless it was done by a reputable builder beware.

Or maybe find a boat with tired or dead engines that is priced accordingly, and do your own rebuild or repower. A 58YF or 58CPMY with dead engines would likley be next to free...well maybe not free...but dirt cheap.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Or maybe find a boat with tired or dead engines that is priced accordingly, and do your own rebuild or repower. A 58YF or 58CPMY with dead engines would likley be next to free...well maybe not free...but dirt cheap.

So i have found such a dead boat for around $25-30K... Total noob here, What would new or replacement engines cost to buy and install?

My imagination tells me that a total restore of interior would run me about $20k alone, I have no clue when it comes to engines. my renovation costs come from houses... you know those little structures that sit on land

would love to know more accurate best guesses from y'all

thanks,
    Future Hatty

$25K plus this and a LOT of ambition... ws

http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/1851059487.html

Hi ERIC!
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Interior will probably be closer to $50K. Unless you just recover everything. yachtsmanwilly has that in labor on his.

There are too many good boats out there. I just shipped a 53 westport to a customer in Australia that was a deal. There are all kinds of great deals out there. Get the best you can afford and forget the major rehab.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.