Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Embedding Video?

I know a lot of HOF members are posting pictures using photobucket to get around the file size limits and resizing issues on this site by using an embedding link; [IMG] url [/IMG].

Another site I belong to (also using vBulletin) enables members to do the same with youtube; [YOUTUBE] code after "=" in youtube url [/YOUTUBE]. By doing this the youtube screen appears directly in the post and plays without having to open a new browser window.

Can this be set up here also?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Re: Embedding Video?

Lets see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SAFjARlMc

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SAFjARlMc [YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Passages; 01-04-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Actually it would go like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SAFjARlMc

[YOUTUBE]E_SAFjARlMc[/YOUTUBE]

I've tried it here, but obviously it doesn't work. Another forum I belong to has this functionality and it works nicely to have the video window embedded right in the post.

I don't know if it would use bandwidth or have other costs associated. I'm certainly not looking to make this forum more expensive for SAM's.

Cool video BTW.

1970 36C375

I don't think it costs anything, it's just a matter of the administrator setting it up. We've even got that capability on my little sandbox which is a freebie. It really does make it better as you at least get to preview a video before you click on it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Hey, look what I found!!!

The new upgrade allows video embedding. Woohoo!

1970 36C375

What a Great Upgrade to Site! If only my Lady Hatteras would jiggle so well if put on water skies behind my 43DC I would surely foot the fuel bill for it.

One thing that cracks me up about that video is the times the camera is pointed down her bikini the narrator says "They're special" and "They're out of the ordinary". H's supposed to be talking about the boat, but the timing is just priceless. I have to wonder if that was done intentionally.

1970 36C375

I had to watch it again to catch that, guess I was busy looking the first time around. Perhaps even better after “They are out of the Ordinary “ is the follow up "and they go to out of the ordinary places, to do out of the ordinary things” as she is going down (with her scuba gear on)! Oh yeah, I’m a Hatteras Man all right! Now pass me a PBR.