Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Coming out Party or GLR

I know this won't be an easy fix. I do feel we can come to an agreement. Thats why I started this thread early....more time to negotiate. I dont think the dates will be a problem, it seems we need to work on where to have it. I am not that knowledgable on Michigan... we drove all 3 times and the last 2 times was to traverse City both times and that seemed far to me.
    I would really like to have a meet and greet. If we cant get the Hatt's there at least we should try and get ourselves. we will just keep trying for a suitable common ground ( or should I say body of water?) I have confidence that we can get this organized!!! ppat
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

www.flybridge.proboards.com

Re: Coming out Party or GLR

I refuse to let this die!!!
    This is the time to make arrangements and plan for the summer! It's too cold to do anything but plan.
    Akin.... I saw ya on here...what about a trip this summer to Michigan? ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by DLCameron2 View Post
    There is a good chance we could meet you in Cheboygan, MI as well. Looking forward to warm sun in Michigan some time!

DC
    DLC: Cheboygan is interesting. Those headed to points north, Drummond Isle, N. Chan, Les Snows, Mack Isle, et al, can jump off from there. Usually lots of docking at the downtown municipal docks, just south of the drawbridge, plus the County Marina, which is just inside the river entrance. Also, there are usually some transient slips out at Duncan Bay Marina.

P.s., has anyone on the HOF ever dropped anchor in the Government Cut, up at the Snows? If so, what was that like?
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

4. Re: Coming out Party or GLR

DO YOU GUYS SEE THAT? January 1 and the other guys are making plans and may of already set the date, place, and who brings what. they even have grey goose for the bird.
    What do I have to do to get you guys motivated? I NEED input!!!!
    I am really upset with the ILLINIOS SIDE. Come on Eric, what about taking Smoothmove across the lake? Akin? The only one Ive heard from is Chris and he said yes to anyplace this summer. Doug? If you dont have your boat you can ride with us...its BYOB as Bill and I are non drinkers. Any others? ppat
    Last edited by ppat324; 01-01-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: aaa

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

Ppat and Yachtsmanbill,
    Although berthed along the Gulf I am in the Chicago area regularly, I would very much like to meet some of the HOF gang. I will make every effort to attend any get together.
    Capt Rob71

6. Re: Coming out Party or GLR

Capt Rob...that is great!! I will count on you for the middle of August somewhere on the waters of Lake Michigan. If you'd like to ride wiuth us or some one else thats leaving from Chicago, that could be arranged. ppat

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

Hell Pat, you know I have a hard time saying no. Never figured you and Willie for non-drinkers, so does that mean I'd have to bring my own gonja too? LOL

I'd be proud to help crew the sub assuming this thing falls on a date I can make happen.

Any and all welcome. We are not drinkers. An occasional beer for Bill or a drink for me is about our limits.
    As long as you dont get raging drunk on the boat we dont care if ya drink one or two... just no glass bottles.
    As fer the gonja...is that a musical instrument? Hell, we can have an orchastra...I'll be bringing my acccordion and maybe we can find someone to play something else.
    HEY!!!! The band will be supplied free of charge!(Tips greatly appriciated) Put your requests in now so I have time to pratice the songs. LOL ppat

p.s cant spell tonite....as ws would say izz tired!
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 01-01-2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: qqwqwqqww
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

I just did a little research on Boatnerd.

From Chicago to Ludington 156 miles
    Chicago to Escanaba 274 miles
    Chicago to the SOO 414 miles

From Detroit to SOO 331 miles

Unfortunately these arent even natical miles they are statue miles (?).

I vote that all the guys near Detriot sell their houses and move to the Lake Michigan side so we can have this get together. LOL

Well, I must say I can see why it is hard to put this together. Please notice that I said hard... not impossible.

Lets get some more input. I still havent given up yet. ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

Pat,
    Part of the problem is that the Great Lakes is a very large area. Most other rendezvous are regional. I think you'd have more success calling it the South Lake Michigan rendezvous. Most of the HOF members from Ludington to Milwaukee south will probably try to make it. Any others from further away that attend are a bonus.

I think if some of the guys on Lake Erie have a get together, most of the Lake MI people would not attend. You see what I mean? Don't try to make it a national event and I think you'll do just fine. Pick a place and a date and keep it simple. Just my 2 cents, FWIW.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI