Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. Coming out Party or GLR

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ppat324
    Randy... Your son will be lucky and should count his blessings if you DONT leave him your 58TC....LOL. ppat

Pretty tough talk from the X-O of a de-commissioned submarine!

He refers to it as my boat with the upstairs part, and he too constantly asks, "when are you going to get that motor out of the living room?" ROFLOL!!!

LOL!!!!!

What a way to start a new thread!! Sorry Guys! I couldnt resist!!!
    One year ago today I met yachtsmanbill. Through his posts and everyone else posts I have come to know alot of you. I have had the pleasure to meet several of you guys.... Eric, Sky, Mark, Akin, Howard and several more. I apologize to any I failed to mention. I have been with Bill when we meet some one and they look at Bill and say " Youre yachtsmanbill, arent ya?"
    Sorry guys, taking this the wrong direction again. For the past year that I have known Bill we have been ALL consumed on the boats. Randys remark about the de-commisioned "SUB" made me laugh. I remember when we launched this year. Trojan Bill, Eric Smoothmove showed up. We had a grand time. That was also the first time I was ever in a boat on the water! WOW!!
    Bill has made a promise to me that this summer (2010) we will take the Hatt Trick or SUB across the lake.

NOW for the reason for this thread. GLR!!!! Lets have a Great Lakes Rendevous. All you guys on Lake Michigan or in the area....lets do it!!!
    Any and all invited!! It wont be on the scale of FLIBS but thats ok... we are not competing with anyone. For any that would like to come but live too far to come by boat we will try to make arrangements for hotels and vehicles. Bill has suggested some time in August. Some of the projects on the sub will be ongoing well into the spring months.
    Trojan Bill, I hope you can arrange to come.. you wont recognize the sub... We are moving full speed ahead on several projects. I am sanding and varnishing to my hearts content and Bill and Gator are working on the Lazerette and the spray rails. The galley project is on for this winter also, plus replacing the back door in the upper salon with sliding glass doors!!!

I would like to start planning this now so could I hear from anyone that can make it in August...what weekend would be good. After I get some feedback we can decide as to where it should be.Then I can look into marina's, lodging and entertainment. Thanks guys and sorry this is sooo long.....ppat
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

www.flybridge.proboards.com

Re: Coming out Party or GLR

Pat,
    Mark & I are going to the North Channel again in late July. We hope to be back to lower Lake Mi by early August, but mid to late August would guarantee our participation.

I can't wait to see the Hatt Trick.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

How does Goderich, ON sound? Good run for MI, OH, and western NY. I'd be in with a crew and room for 2 pxn's from Lake Erie. Lake St Clair/ St Clair River would be good and could help with reservations at several marinas in Lake st Clair, St Clair River, Goderich, lake Erie Islands. Lake MI would be too far via boat for us, but could drive (only 1 week vacation). If Lake Erie Islands are an option - I would be happy to assist with docks at a few places. We went through this around last year... Let's make it happen. Thanks PPat! Btw- earlier in August the better, mid-August works. Late august gets tough.
    Last edited by TopHattandTails; 12-13-2009 at 08:09 PM.
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

4. Re: Coming out Party or GLR

Ok, mid Augest looks good. Canada is out. I dont have a passport and I doubt Bill will take the Hatt Trick that far. This is just the beginning of negotiations... anymore suggestions
    Remember... travel by boat is not the only way! yes...seeing everybody's yacht is great but meeting each other is important also.
    Im not even sure where some of those places are Tophat. We keep trying. I need more imput guys!!! ppat
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

Well? Whats up with you guys? I only have 2 responses so far. I realize it will be the wind-up for the end of our season but I cant think of a better way to wind up the season. We all talk on this forum like friends and help each other out.... wouldnt it be great to put some faces to the names?
    MC Chris...how about it? Eric and Akin... how about it? Trojan Bill, Stratplan61, Spartonboat1, Howard, Maynard? What about it. All I am asking for is one weekend. If ya cant come by boat then come by car, plane, motorcycle... hell for the energetic...bicycle.

Let's do it this time!!!!! ppat
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 12-15-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: mhvjk
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

6. Re: Coming out Party or GLR

Sounds great to me! I think some of the slow response may be due to the season and some due to August being a long way down the road, but starting the ball rolling early is great! I would love to be a part of a get-together, anywhere from Chicago to Cheboygan (MI, not Sheboygan, WI) Let me know what I can do to help. Btw, nice job on the boat! Howard in West Michigan

When I saw that thread title, I just knew it was either somebody's birthday or... never mind. LOL

Maybe if the timing is right, I can actually bring a Hatt to such a gathering seeing as how that 55C is still sitting in Clearwater awaiting a trip to Chicago this spring.

Cheboygan Michigan would be a great choice and I will vote for mid August. Our Hat is in Miami, but my wife and I would drive up for a day or two.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

There is a good chance we could meet you in Cheboygan, MI as well. Looking forward to warm sun in Michigan some time!

DC

Sorry for the late response, have been on-the-road for business, just getting caught up. Homeland Security doesn't seem to slow down. Last few days in Marquette - just a little 'frisky' up there, brrrrrr! Pam and I will attend wherever, most likely with the boat, depending on your final location. I look forward to a little grip'n'grinning with you guys, lot's to learn and a good excuse to get rid of some rum?
    Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan