Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Larger fuel tanks wanted

My 36, currently has the 120 gallon tanks and Im looking for a pair of the 150 gallon tanks. Has anyone upgraded from the 150 gallon tanks to a larger tank, that may have a pair of 150's for sale?

Re: Larger fuel tanks wanted

Bump. Looking for something larger than an 120 tanks that I have now.

Just an FYI....I had the 150 glass tanks. I replaced them with 140's so they would fit into the hole a little easier.

Based on the pick up location in the 150 glass tanks....I was leaving almost 23 calculated gallons in each tank that was "unavailable" due to the shortness of the pick up. My new 140's actually give me more usable fuel!
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

That seems like alot of extra work for just 40 more gallons of fuel. Did you replace with fiberglass tanks?

That seems like alot of extra work for just 40 more gallons of fuel. Did you replace with fiberglass tanks?

120 to 150 x 2 = 60 gallon net gain @ 30 gph = 2 hrs or more if you slow down a bit. Enough to make a difference in a pinch. Go for it.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
    Nope...aluminum. Replaced the glass due to only ethanol available at the marinas around me.
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

In my 34 I added a tank in the middle with some valving, gave me 80 more gallons or so.

I have a 72 36SF and custom made two 104 tanks to go on the outside of the engines and plumbed pumps on each.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiohatteras View Post
    Nope...aluminum. Replaced the glass due to only ethanol available at the marinas around me.

Where did you get them and how much were they? Luke