Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Infrared Thermometer (Radiometer)

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Bill,

No worries - for simple spot checks of engine functions, you can go with a simple non-contact IR thermometer. I picked one up on e-Bay for $40.

Hey Jim... pass that info on to the guy above you! Thanks LOL ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

2. Re: Infrared Thermometer (Radiometer)

Well Ben...I have to tell you that Bill is really hurt about this.
    You contacted us to do you a favor. We jumped at the chance to help a fellow HOF'er. We spent our own time, gas and energy to get info for you. Bill took pictures galor for you. He spent even more time e-mailing them to you. We went back to the boat again and double checked it for you. YOU made the offer to give the infrared therometer to Bill.
    I think what you did was terrible. we talked with you not long ago and gave you our shipping info so you could ship it to us at our expense... you PM'd us and said you would ship it the day after X-mas. You have led us on a merry chase for the past 2 1/2 months and I guess that makes us fools but we learn from our mistakes. I sure hope you dont ever need help in the Chicago area again!!! ppat
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

Hmmmmmmm....

Bill/PPat.

PM me your mailing address and I will ship you my IR thermometer - Free.

Jim

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96451

is the new one like I got for the boat way back when and it works fine.

if it is off a degree or 2 that's OK I use it to see if things are either consistent or if there is hot or cold spots.

It lives on the boat in humid and salty conditions so there was no need for the more expensive one there.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

5. Re: Infrared Thermometer (Radiometer)

Jim, thanks but as I told you in the PM, it's a matter of principal. we were led on for 2 1/2 months waiting for something that was sold. We were told several times it would be mailed ,the last time just before x-mas. When I asked in PM's if it was sent , I was ignored. I really dont want to continue discussing this anymore. Thank you again. Pat and Bill
    If you don't believe me look it up on google.

"STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES" Forest Gump

"It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it." — Lillian Hellman

Willy's X-O!

I GOT SPANKED BY PASGAS@

I am disheartened my sincere apology is not acceptable and my reputation tarnished in a community forum that I deeply appreciate. I did ask Bill to look at a boat I am considering which is in his locality to determine if the yachtworld listing actually represented the boat. An appointment was made and the day before, Bill did a drive by to look at the boat while in the area, I assume. Next day was the appointment and Bill & Pat went onboard, started the engines and had a tour taking 15 pictures. It was confirmed that the listing accurately portrays the boat and the pictures taken showed maintenance issues that were not advertised. I sincerely thank you Bill and Pat for doing this favour for me with no expectations for anything in return at the time. You had verified for me that the boat may be worthy of further consideration and a hull & engine survey.

I made a public offer on this forum to give you the MX2 which I was trying to sell off from my inventory, 2 months after your inspection. I ended up reneging on this publicized offer and felt a public apology was in order. I did make efforts to ship the unit to you but the border issue confused things. First, the carriers would not accept a collect shipment for outside of the country. Secondly, when an account was set up to collect for the receiving party, the carrier refused pick-up because I did not have proper documentation for cross border shipping. Thirdly, I was required to see a lawyer for making an affidavit swearing to the original country of origin for the product in order to ship across the border. That's when I gave up and accepted the cash sale.

I have handled this very badly. It is with deep regret that I have disappointed you Bill after you being so generous with me. I hope that I can make it up to you in some manner and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss that further privately.
    With great respect and sincerity, Ben.

Well now... THATS an apology! Although we werent looking for an apology about the shipping situation, Ppats emails went unanswered, and thats where the feelings got hurt. Shit happens and I am ALWAYS the one that avoids confrontation.
    I guess customs wouldnt hit a cheque in an envelope.... or would they?? Let your conscience be your guide Ben.
    Regards, ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Thanks Bill, I'll take care of it.
    Last edited by SportFishCruising; 01-08-2010 at 02:57 AM. Reason: unnecessary ranting removed

Put a rag on your head and take it across the border. No problem. It's illegal to question people who look like terrorists. Just ask the magic one. Too often we stop progress and ignore the obvious to be PC.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Ya cant be BROFILING now... LOL ws
    yachtsmanWILLY