Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Parts needed for Modern Maid

Looking for Modern Maid rheostats for left front eye (burner) and oven. Steve indicates he no longer has source. This is the original oven and cook top in a 53MY.

Re: Parts needed for Modern Maid

I have had good luck with All Brands.
    (www.allbrandonline.com) They also have several stores that you can call. Good luck

I posted my old unit here for parts a couple of years ago but I got no takers. It ended up going into the dumpster. Sorry.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

In the event that we have to go the replacement direction, what did you replace your unit with, and were you able to do it yourself? Is there a previous post here you can refer us to re: the process/installation?

Here is how we started:

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...Y+SLAVE&page=4

It ended up being a pretty extensive galley remodel with new solid-surface countertop overlays. Here are some pics from near the end of the work. I still have a few things to do this winter, but I'll get pics of the final product then:

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

very nice. trying to avoid the total galley remodel at this time but at some point I would at least like to get new formica installed, and go from a double to a single basin sink. We did refinish the wood in the entire galley and that has made a major difference in the way it looks.

Update:

Tried the following sources and was able to get a control for a cooktop burner (apparently last one in captivity), but have been unable to locate oven parts, specifically the bake element and thermostat. Tried these sources:

-Allbrand
    -Slane Marine
    -Sams
    -AP Wagner (they had the cooktop part and were most helpful)
    -Repairclinic.com
    -When an Annapolis shop told me to try Sears yesterday, I almost cried!

If anyone knows of any sources, or has a 'retired' unit out there, would love to know about it. We're about to go and rob one from Mike P's boat as a last resort- Guess the real last resort will be to remodel the galley like Sky did- as the Admiral I should be hoping for that outcome, but really just trying to get down the road a bit before tearing up the galley.

Thanksgiving is coming, please help

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 11-24-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: jtyjtyjkytuy
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Here is a nice family owned place that may be able to get a replacement part for you.

Shoreline Distributors, Inc

6926 Hanging Moss Rd.
    Orlando, FL 32807
    (407) 677-7278
    FAX (407) 871-5722

I am sure the part was not only used on the modern maid since the volume would not be enough to develop a part for it.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Thanks so much for your helpful replies! Will give them a try...