Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Zincs - 1974 DC/MY

Hi, I am a recent purchaser of a 1974 43 DC/MY which was located in fresh water, I just moved it to Annapolis, MD and need Zincs - a complete set of Zincs. I need to know how to get part numbers, sizes, etc. for the zincs, does anyone have suggestions.

Re: Zincs - 1974 DC/MY

They are all standard. Just get a rough idea of the diameter for the round, flat zincs such as the ones on the rudders and buy some that are as big or bigger. Shaft zincs are made to fit the shaft. measure your shaft size just aft of the transmission and buy a zinc for each shaft. If you have a diver, he will supply them if you ask him to; or you can buy them and give them to him.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

If you have 6-71's you'll also need two 1/2" for the heat exchanger on the front of the engine. Two I think 3/8 for the tranny cooler. I think 1/4's on the water pumps? On mine theres also 2 1/4' on the copper raw water line towards the rear of the engine. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

If you have 6-71's you'll also need two 1/2" for the heat exchanger on the front of the engine. Two I think 3/8 for the tranny cooler. I think 1/4's on the water pumps? On mine theres also 2 1/4' on the copper raw water line towards the rear of the engine. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.