Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: '86 53 My 239,000

Not certain, but I'd be more than happy to find out if it's helpful.

I DO know that 53' is without the pulpit and swim platform.

You interested in the boat, by chance?
    Greg
    Kimidee
    '86 53' MY

Kimidee's for sale! http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1986.../United-States

You're probably gonna think I'm a smartass- But, if you really want to sell your boat you should perhaps consider utilizing the services of a main stream full service, full commission yacht broker that encourages co-op sales. Discount brokers, while useful in some scenarios, offer no commission to split with a buyer's broker. Now days, you need to keep all available sales options open and available.

I would suggest Wayne Cannava with Gilman in Ft Lauderdale. He has connections and customers in Ohio, and he is a good, honest guy.

If you don't want to pay a listing broker's commisson, and you're (probably) showing your own boat anyway, you'd be just as well to advertise on Yacht Trader Online. That way, a broker with an actual buyer can contact you and make a direct deal. If you're only going to pay one broker, pay the guy who sells the boat.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Hey Eric,

I know Wayne well and we think very highly of him. We bought the Kimidee from him, in fact. I did consider listing with Wayne but thought we'd have a go at it this way for now.

Guess we'll see what happens!

Appreciate your comment.
    Last edited by GJD; 09-27-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    Greg
    Kimidee
    '86 53' MY

New Price on Our 53 Classic $209

We're still having a go at selling before the real cold sets in and have reduced our ask to $209. This is a very nice boat at a very nice price! Since my last post, paint around wing doors and bridge cabinet door frames has been nicely freshened up. This boat is in exceptionally fine condition. Clean and all original.
    Greg
    Kimidee
    '86 53' MY

Call Chuck Grice at Virginia Yacht Brokers. He has a buyer for a later model 53 Classic.
    Eric

Eric, Just talked with Chuck. Boy, what a nice gentleman. He said, indeed, he did have an interested party and I sent him a link to our YW listing (not yachtsman willie!). Said he'd have a look and get back to me.

Thank you so much for the heads up, Eric!
    Greg
    Kimidee
    '86 53' MY

I've bought from Chuck in the past and became friendly with him. He's a real straight-shooter. He won't waste your time!

K

Chuck's a good guy. Would I steer you wrong? You're gonna have to pay a genuine 10% commission though.
    Eric

Hi:

Let us know what happens. Chuck sold my 43DC and sold me this boat. He is a true Southern Gentleman. I hope you have a good result.

DC

And SeaEric is a standup guy as well - as I can attest - since I purchased my last Hatt from him. In the end, he's correct. If you want to move it fast, stop dropping the price through forums and the internet - and pay the commission to a broker with a good reputation.

There are buyers out there (just as I was a few months ago), but most of us prefer to deal through a broker who knows Hatts (and the good ones know ALL the Hatts for sale at any given moment!) and will guide the buyer to the boat that best suites their needs.

GL with your sale!