Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

metal hatteras emblem

I am looking for the metal older Hatteras emblem. I am not satisfied with plastic. I have gone threw 4 of them. I am having some made but would like original.

Re: metal hatteras emblem

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

yes ,but the ones at Sam's are plastic. I do not believe any one makes them in metal so looking for originals. thank you for the reply

I'm not sure the originals were metal.

anyone know for sure?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

They were metal in 65 as I still have one on each side of the boat. They are chrome plated brass. I am looking to replace the ones on the front of the fly bridge.

Smile Re: metal hatteras emblem

Reviving fresh information to an older thread...Just bought a 34 convertible and wanted to make it sparkle with some fresh icons...Hatteras Parts Dept sells two types of emblems:

1. 6inch by 3 inch (Older style logo) $146.00/ea
    2. 12 inch by 6inch (Newer style logo) $104.00/ea

They sell the larger one for a better price because they obviously are ordering more as these icons are the ones they currently mount on the new builds in N.C.

First post on this forum, thought I'd contribute and give some fresh info...

Cheers
    Capt Mike
    BoatTour.com
    "I Hadt 'er Ass"
    1967 34 Convertible with twin Yanmar 370hp

When i was looking i saw 2 hats with decals they looked good the local sign shop just copied the old one ... they were made of vinal and looked geate one was eaven gold leaf. for a little extra pazs.

I bought 2 nameplates from Sam's this spring and they were all metal and the same as original, Part # 78232. They are in stock. If these are not what you want, call them, I'm sure they can help you.

Did the older logo, the "reverse-check" logo, ever come in metal? I have only ever seen them in plastic. They are not expensive, but they do weather rather quickly.

The ones on our 34 were metal but probably zamak as they corroded pretty quickly
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present