Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 41' C Hatteras

41' C Hatteras

I am new to this forum and have been looking for a used 41-42' convertable, I have focused mainly on the 42' Bertrams but today I started to give serious thoughts on a 41' Hatteras Convertable. My wife likes the cabin of the Hatteras. I have been told some 41's had cored bottoms, when did Hatteras stop using the corred material on the hull bottom? I am certain that I will have more questions as I start my quest for a 41C.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Re: 41' C Hatteras

No core in the 41C series 1 but the series 2 had core above the waterline.

Which one are you looking at?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

3. Re: 41' C Hatteras

The Berts are more deep vee their full length...so might punch thru head seas a bit easier, but will be more rolly at low speed and at anchor. Also, the Berts interior are generally more modern/artifical surface while the Hatts are more traditional interior wood.

I personally find the Berts a bit industrial in interior appearance, like a sterile hospital environment...but the typically lighter tones are appealing...

Do a search here because this has been discussed before.
    Last edited by REBrueckner; 08-10-2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    No core in the 41C series 1 but the series 2 had core above the waterline.

Which one are you looking at?

I am not certain, it's a 1986 41 Convertable.
    Thanks, Joesig

That's a series 2. Core in the hull is a bad thing. I know many were made without core over the years is this one with or without?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

I have a 1986 41' Hatteras. It is awesome! Been to the Bahamas and back and previous owners also took it to the Bahamas and back. There is an article on Sam's site read it and you will understand.

As far as a cored hull bottom I think it is an advantage compared to some of the other Hatt's. First of all Hatt did it right, It is solid glass in the high stress areas and thru hulls. They stopped doing it because it was too costly. The reduced weight sure helps.

The extra horsepower of the more modern engines help. Marry the two and you have one awesome performing boat. Most Hatts have cored hull sides and transoms anyway. They used a closed cell foam, just check for water intrusion just like you would for the sides or transom.

When you scruisin along at 24-26 kts at 1900 RPM getting over 1/2 mile to the gallon you'll like the coring.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by garyd; 08-11-2009 at 08:59 AM.
    Have Fun Boating

I provided Hatteras customer service the hull numbers of the 1986 41C that I am looking at and they informed me that is one of the hulls that has the cored bottom and sides, latter models had a solid bottom & coring in the sides. Thanks to all that replied to my questions, Joesig

I know of a real nice 1986 45C for sale.

PM me if interested.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I know of a real nice 1986 45C for sale.

PM me if interested.

Where is it located, what is the asking price. joesig