Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    Ed Nolan Guest

Sliding Glass Doors-86 Sedan Cruiser

The sliding glass doors on my 1986 Sedan Cruiser are beginning to operate a little stiff. Frequent lubrication helps, but I would like to replace the rollers or if necessary, the door assembly. Has anyone done this or know of any parts sources for this project

Re: Sliding Glass Doors-86 Sedan Cruiser

I have the same issue with my 1987 Hatteras 36 Sedan Cruiser. Has anyone every changed out the rollers? What are the steps to remove the rollers?

call steve at sams, i'm sure he can help you out.

http://www.aluminum2000.com/Dparts.html
    If SAMs can't help. Now a division of Pompanette.
    Frank
    47 Atlantic
    LUV'N LIFE

I Talked with Steve McPherson at Sam's and with Dennis Makibbin at Aluminum 2000. Dennis provided a drawing of the "Old Style Sill" and after I sent a picture of the sill he verified the parts needed were the 1" rollers. The drawing was particularly useful in understanding how to remove the doors which was a bit of a problem in that the bottom sill and both doors are removed as a unit. The length of the sill requires that it be picked up at an angle to clear the cockpit coaming and then the doors can be rolled off out the fish door. This is a two man project as the doors are quite heavy.

I completed the work yesterday and I am very happy with very smooth rolling doors. While the doors were off I also sanded and painted the aluminum corrosion.
    Attached Images

Do you have any more pictures? The doors on my 86 36’ are becoming an issue as well. Thanks so much

If your door sill looks like this then order part P601-0001 from Aluminum 2000. Sams also has the part but I can't find the number. Sam's will know if you tell them you need the old style 1" rollers for aluminum doors.

BottomRoller.jpg

RollerSet.jpg

OldStyleSill.jpg

This was my source in January 2016:
    Dennis Makibbin
    Engineering Department
    Aluminum 2000 and American Marine Divisions
    Pompanette, LLC
    603-826-5791

If you want to know more, I would be happy to talk with you over the phone.

Thank you so much!