Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

65 Foot Halmatic Dilemna

Folks

I'm nearing the end of my projects. The 41 was painted and looks stellar. My 1965 34C is getting close with reman power, new gen, new wiring, 2 new a.c's and tons of work.

I have a 38 Special Bertram that I plan to either sell or sell the 34 when I'm thru to whittle down the fleet.

I have been looking at a giant 1973 65 foot Halmatic for years, she sits at the end of the dock. It has 892's, 1900 gal of fuel, looks a litle in need of TLC, but has always caught my eye. They are very similar to Hatteras, having the same designer.

Yesterday, the Halmatic owner was drooling over the 34, telling me how he had one years ago and now, because of some medical issues, he has to downsize.

If he wants to trade, should I run screaming from the yard or think about it?

I could park her in the Bahamas as a mobile condo, leave the 41 here and fish off my smaller boat in the islands.

I don't know too much about the Halmatics other than they are big, have an impressive keel and are almost attractive in their ugliness.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Scott, I asked JR to prce 500 boxes of 220

Re: 65 Foot Halmatic Dilemna

Roger give me a call. he told me about this one. If you would like I can crawl through her with you for some balance. It sounds great on the surface but lets see if we can determine if it really is a great opportunity or an addiction

500 boxes of 220? Not 500 sheets? full sheet? Wet or dry or just dry?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I can solve that one for you now, it's an addiction. If I get it, I'm guessing JR would have a great tan before summer is over. If it comes closer, I'll holler and we can look. Right now, I'm hoping some of our folks can tell me more about the boats.

500 boxes and a da with a lifetime replacement warranty.

They all come with the warranty. For the lifetime of the sand paper. You want the self stick rolls? I get them in larger Qty so 500 boxes would be 50,000 sheets.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Halmatics were/are made in Harant, England. This boat is a TANK, like our Hatts. In fact, this particular one was designed by Hargrave. Similar to a PT boat, she's long and slender. Can take a head sea like nothing I've seen.

For more info on this particular boat, PM me...or better yet, the owner is actually a registered member of the HOF!

Oh, and Scott...there is no crawling around on this boat. Everywhere is head high. Hell even below the cockpit is almost 4 feet deep!

Jason

Big well-made boats. FRP Matthews were actually built by Halmatic, possibly to a Hargrave design as well? Sounds like a cool boat. A project that size will keep you off the streets, that's for sure.

I think I looked at this Halmatic. Was she in Fort Lauderdale? No wheel at the helm, just levers? Lots of vinyl covered walls in the staterooms and a fair amount of mirrors on the walls? A galley that looked like a wall would have to be removed to get the refrigerator out? Yes, she's built like a tank!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Ang,

Different boat. This one has had the same owner for almost 20 years, and hasn't been for sale during that time...and still is not for sale. I believe the one you looked at is now in Key Largo, still for sale.

The fridges on this boat are beneath the island counter in the galley. I'll try to find a picture or two of what she looks like for those that don't know.

Jason

It's in the yard 100 feet from my 34 and I can't stop looking at it....somebody stop me!

Is this her? http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1977.../United-States

Showing as sale pending and a list price of $79,000 (listed as a project boat with an engine with a bad crank).

Not a bad looking boat...looks a LOT like a Hatteras.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD