Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: odd buyer

odd buyer

We dropped the price of our 34c to a give away price 38k. Believe it is now sold. But oddly enough the guy does not want sea trial, all he wants is to hear the engines start cold. Well no problem with either, it will sea trial just that same as any hatteras and when you fire it at the docs the 454's with 5" pipes sound pretty good.

Anyhow just thoght it was odd that he did not want to take a ride well guess he is just as odd as the broker we have.

Re: odd buyer

I wonder how he plans to get insurance with no survey.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Personally, I prefer to give a sea trial and survey with the buyers experts. That way they can't say that this or that was not working or the boat does not perform.

One thing about this boat is everthing works and there are not known issues and doubt any would be found by a survey, at least none that would be a negotiation point. as far as we know no blisters and she has been in the water for 42 years this month. Her birthday was last week. .

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I wonder how he plans to get insurance with no survey.
    I've NEVER had to have a survey to get insurance. It does sound a little odd that the guy doesn't want to sea trial it, but maybe he knows more about your boat than you think. Could be a HOF lurker.

OK, as long as he doesn't show up with a check for $100,000 from the Bank of Nigeria, and ask for change.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Good one Bob. But wait I got a letter recently about bringing in a few million $ from there. Something "technical" about needing an other person to do the transaction. For only $100 grand, I get to keep a couple of million..... what a deal... anybody want in? LOL

Walt

Wow that is a little odd but hey we all have seen and heard about some weird ones out there
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

9. Re: odd buyer

There is no survey required for LIABILITY insurance. At that price he may figure that physical loss insurance isn't worth it; I'd be inclined to agree with him.

One thing is certain - if you have only liability insurance you're going to care A LOT about the mechanical condition of the boat, since if it sinks you eat it. Literally.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Well the guy is to be there today for the "key turn" well I promis he wont be disappointed, all 3 are as near perfect as I can make them, Esp the generator.

Well nothing is going with the boat except for basic CG equipment. No idea what I will do with all the stuff though as not planning on boating any longer. Some stuff I will give to friends, (yes scott you name is on some stuff).