Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: N.E Rendezvous 7-18 thru 20th 2009

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Chili sounds good and Chris makes a pretty good Chili!

You guys will have too charm her into making it because I have no pull, used up all my brownie points

Ok!

have to think about how best to do that!

meat or meatless chili?

hmmmm, steak might not be needed? or in addition too?
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

If I make it up I want a promise that I will NOT be asked to judge that contest.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Ok! So what are you offering to do?

He'll bring the booze (all of it) LOL
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    meat or meatless chili?

hmmmm, steak might not be needed? or in addition too?
    Meatless chili?

No way dude. You're a chef, so why don't you grind up some beef tenderloin and do it right. Extra chunky would be very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky1 View Post
    Meatless chili?

No way dude. You're a chef, so why don't you grind up some beef tenderloin and do it right. Extra chunky would be very appropriate.

doing chili right is meatless! Now Chili con Carne (that means with meat) is why I aked. And Beef Tenderloin, why use that piece of meat? makes no sense. Now, a bottom round or chuck....

And who will supply the grinder? Also it must be made a day ahead to be really good...
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post

You guys will have too charm her into making it because I have no pull, used up all my brownie points
    Yeah, long winter, all favors accounted for!

Capt K

[QUOTE=34Hatt;123517] Yes PM NICK all boat info if you have not done so already!

We will all decide on the Meal's
    The Low Country boil we did 2 years ago can always be a option!
    I still have all the pots!
    So voice your Idea's.[/QUOTE

I figger we either have to slightly increase the apps and do a real small and simple meal, lessen the apps and have the big deal, or some combo of both. I think the apps have been becoming a hit and take a lot of the burden away from one person (or people) doing the main course.

Aside from all the preliminary work by Dan and Chris, the one-pot is a lot simpler to present and deal with. Of course, they can make the one-pot a little smaller. We seem to be having more boats, so that would mean more apps being brought. As long as Nick and I have leftover taters, kielbasa, etc, we'll be all set for the breakfast BAR B QUE!!

In other words, I don't really care. It's all been great!! I just think simpler may be better so all can enjoy without having to go too crazy.
    Glad to hear Bubba's coming back so we don't have to dig in the landfill for his efigy!

Capt K

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    doing chili right is meatless! Now Chili con Carne (that means with meat) is why I aked. And Beef Tenderloin, why use that piece of meat? makes no sense. Now, a bottom round or chuck....

And who will supply the grinder? Also it must be made a day ahead to be really good...
    Lighten up Noel, I was just kidding.

I can pretty much guarantee you won't find any chili recipes in one of those cookbooks about food on boats. Seriously, would you want to sleep on a boat with 5 other people who had chili for supper?