Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Re: The Trilogy Begins

As a fellow 34DC owner Welcome! Not to many of our "little" boats out there. As far as the black water system goes I am in the process of converting the existing freshwater tank to a blackwater. I had a new 120 gallon freshwater tank made. I gutted mine down to the bulkheads and started over so I won't be much help with the original side of things. Enjoy your trip into insanity i'm still enjoying mine but it wasn't a long trip for me.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Dan B
    1963 34DC
    Last Year's Rent

Four inches is still a nice chunk-o-wood! When posting pics, I resize with adobe photoshop. Everyone bitches about me deleting my pics, but this site will only allow a cache of about 30 pics... email me for directions!
    My girlfriend Ppat (a widow) husband got out of the army, VNV and the lousy govenment cut him loose with him owing ONE DAY of service. That way he was subject to recall. Typical... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

now I know you guys are going to look at these pics and say, damn that is one ug (no) Fugly boat......but you got to see it through my eyes,,,lol. Finally got the cord located, photoshop loaded and a coupld of hours trying to figure it all out. Hope it works so ya'll can see this beauty indesquise. Hey, even I am a realist,,,,I know its ugly right now but this is the beginning point. Can look at these and see where I been.

Basically you can see why I jumped on it for 3k though. If you look close at the right and left salon doors you can see a little rot where water came in through some bad door closures. the right side being the worse but there is a seem close by in the bulkhead so I want have to tear all of that out to get it fixed. Also on that side the moisture wicked into the head just fore the bulkhead which creates a couple of days of repair once I get the teak ripped and start repairs.

Don't spare me guys,,,,I can laugh at myself and anyone else laughing with me. I just saw good potential here for the buck.
    Last edited by mobilemn1; 04-06-2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: to remove pics to save room

here are a few more if it will let me
    Last edited by mobilemn1; 04-06-2009 at 01:29 AM.

finally got the phot sizing down pat this time. Here are the rest of the ones I sized
    Last edited by mobilemn1; 04-23-2009 at 07:19 PM.

more

here are some more

this is the last pic I have at this time. going tommorrow to work on the boat and now that I have cleared the camera I will take some more. I was really surprised at the quaility of the pics coming from a blackberry.

All I had done to the boat when these pics were taken was to clean the deck drains and the crude keeping the water from draining. I did build a temporary companion door out of some cedar that I had at the time. Waiting to pick up the teak to do it properly since I also need to replace the Hatch and hatch rails also. I had cleaned the mildew off of the walls,liners, and countertops and picked up all the trash, plus a good vacuuming. The hunk in the middle of the floor is the stove that had metal rot, it works so I may be able to salvage it temporarily since I have access to some ss blanks that I can rivet and make a bottom stroud.(just possible) I did have to install a bilge pump to keep the rainwater or seep water out , still not sure if I have any leaks other than rain water. Any ideas as to how to determine how to dry the bilge to check would be appreciated. I can pump it close,,,,but is there anyway to really dry it. There are a few cracked window due to some kids who need they a$$es tow up. The Vberth is in excellant condition except for a couple of hatch window securing bolts. The wingnuts were tight and before I knew it I had rung one off and someone else had gotten one already.
    that wallpaper crap that is either factory or add on was peeling in the galley, fore head and aft head but thats coming out anyhow, going to try YB tricks to bring the wood tones back out or just paint. The aft stateroom is in excellent shape except for the aft window/escape hatch had some moisture damage on the stoop. No rot just paint peel, but the window needs reseating to fix that. The teak swim deck has one broken board. That only leaves me with completing the survey on actual systems and component and I already know there is going to be some work there. So far what I know of is minimal and may be able to disassemble and clean and who know with luck it may run fine. The old boy who owned her according to a neighbor loved this old girl and kept her up pretty good. So for now its mostly cosmetics, with paint being the largest of that.

Give me opinions, share your laughs and comments, afterall ,,,,what are friends for, LOL

9. Re: The Trilogy Begins

Well, it sure does look like a project boat... just remember, in the end it is all worth it. I wasn't with Bill when he started to work on the sub, but I've seen the pics. As you go along you can take pride in the baby steps as well as the major hurdles you overcome. Just keep plugging at it. Good luck and welcome... ppat324

thanks Ppat, I thought I stayed up late. I know ya'll keep some wierd hours too though. I got started on the pics and wanted to get them done so I could get yus guys opinions. Tell Bill I said check me out. I got lots of questions for him once I get goiing a bit more into this.