I have been diligently reading the threads on here to learn about my new endeavors. I'm starting out smaller than some of you guys, but that is part of the plan. When I finish my 34ft twin cabin cruiser I want to sell and move up. One step at at a time if necessary. LOL.

A little about my project. I bought this boat for $3000. It is in the water and for the most part is in pretty good shape structurally. The outside needs a few repairs and painting for sure and the interior has a few bad spots but I don't see a problem since I am a pretty good carpenter. Actually a jack of all trades and master of none as they say. I have some pics of the boat on the blackberry as soon as I can find the cord to download them on the pc to post. Nothing has been run for about six years except the owner I bought it from told me that he and a bunch of his buddies got drunk and bought some batteries, cranked it up and took it out in the Albemarle sound for a weekend. I know the genset needs work, I haven't cranked or turned the motors over yet cause I need to trace some wiring down and install two new switches. I have shore power at a buddies house on a canal outside Hertford NC. All the 110vAC stuff works. I have bought some deep cycle marine batteries but I haven't tested any of the 12V stuff yet. I want to get the boat so that I can live on it comfortably with the necesarry emminities while I work on her. I have potable water tank, but need to install pumps and check plumbing. The next necessary thing I need to do is add a black water system.

Here in lies the first question> Is there a formula for the size holding tanks you need. the boat has two heads, one with a hand pump the other is and electric upgrade but don't know if it works until I get the 12v system checked out. Any help on installing a waste system would be greatly appreciated. I have got to do all the work myself to make this happen but you guys are pretty good and some of you have some excellent ideas. I have been reading yachtmanbills thred, THE BIG CHILL, so I know there are some valuable information out there,,,,All would be appreciated.