Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 82 C Fire

82 C Fire

does anyone know anything about a 82C that may have had a fire on Monday in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If so where , how and where is the boat now.
    Roger Wetherington
    252-670-4819 rwetheringt@centurylink.net
    Sam's Marine
    www.samsmarine.com

Re: 82 C Fire

I saw a link, not much news other than it was flooded during the fire fighting and the cockpit went under. I also heard it was being worked on.

Jack Sardina

I saw this boat today. Its on the hard at Cable West in Ft Lauderdale.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

What shape is it in? Any work being done on it?

Mike
    "Habanero"55C

6. Re: 82 C Fire

Most likely insurance claims have to be resolved before work begins
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

It looks fine from outside. I think the damage was in the engineroom, and then from sinking when it filled up with water.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

This hatteras is coming up for auction later this month. It is listed on the usauctions web site......www.usauctions.com

I've bought a couple of boats from US Auctions, and while they were nothing like the 82' referenced here, it is a decent site and you can get a bargain, but boy, YOU better do your homework cause you don't get any help before the sale. And you buy exactly what is there.

IMHO, I could never compete online at an auction, ebay or anything like that for a yacht. That's for the experienced or experts out there or extreme risk takers. Even on CL or like that, I question the levels of this type of sale and prefer a higher level of representation. YW listings are even poorly written and spec'd for the most part and the follow-up to its listings are not well supported, except from a few good brokers. When I purchase a yacht, I definitely want a very good broker on my side helping me, along with a surveyor.
    And many thanks to this site for teaching me I need at least that!
    Last edited by SportFishCruising; 02-15-2010 at 03:08 PM.