Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Brand of hatches/portlights?

Anyone know the brand of the 13x24" escape hatch/portlights at the stern of a 53MY? We need to buy new screens and we want to shop around for the best price.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Re: Brand of hatches/portlights?

I would just call Sam's Marine first. If they didn't have them, then I would ask around.
    captbuddy

Not sure about your 53, but on my 43 the small ports are made by Fuller Brush and the big escape hatch is made by Bomar.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser View Post
    Sams has the screens, we found them online, but want to do some price comparisons and the listing doesn't mention brand.

How much do you think you can save? Sams supports us by having the stuff in stock and sells it at a fair price.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Honestly, for some items, Sam's is RIDICULOUSLY high. Like higher than Worst Marine. I'd never buy anything above a $50 without at least doing a basic price comparison. I'm willing to pay a premium for superior service, but not a HUGE premium. It's foolish to not shop around for maintenance/repair items for our older boats.

How much do they charge for advice and parts Identification?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Anyway, this isn't meant to become a debate on Sams...I was simply askng if anyone knew the brand of the hatch. I was looking for something factual, not anyone's opinion on whether I should or should not buy it from Sams or any other business. Opinions on that were neither asked for nor wanted.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

Honestly, for some items, Sam's is RIDICULOUSLY high. Like higher than Worst Marine. I'd never buy anything above a $50 without at least doing a basic price comparison. I'm willing to pay a premium for superior service, but not a HUGE premium. It's foolish to not shop around for maintenance/repair items for our older boats.
    With all due respect, it seems even more foolish to bash the vendor who provides this free forum to gather your information.

No clue, never asked them for help. I'd guess that like ANY business, that stuff is free. That's not unusual, any even half way decent business will do that.

As long as you don't need the right information. Most half decent business give half assed advice. You get what you pay for.

FYI I do not but alot from Sams because I have not bought a lot for the boat lately. The items I did buy were from local distributors who provide me with good service like Sams and I know I could have gotten just about any one of those items cheaper if I was whoring around on the web.

Don't complain when Sams no longer stocks the things you need because it no longer makes sense. Most of the online retailers are "associates" shipping from distribution warehouses and you never know if they have ever seen the item forget have experience working with them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Like I said, I don't want this to become a debate or opinionated thread. And I'm not going to fight about it.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD

You could always edit your post as I'm sure Scott and I could do the same.