Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Splash Guard

Splash Guard

I think splash guard is the right term. Maybe trim. I have a 1964 41" double cabin. The spash guard (correct me if my terminology is wring) on the port side has rotted. looking recomendations on how to repalce it.

Re: Splash Guard

Escapade,

Call Slane Marine, speak to Tom. He makes fiberglass replacements, and they fit well, look original. www.slanemarine.com

Mods, maybe we should move this to Tech Talk?

Jason

Is this the spray rail?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Is this the spray rail?

I believe so. If that's what I think it is, they're on each side below the cockpit on my 45C. I had mine replaced by Slane in 2007.

Interested in the logistics of installing the Slane spray rails. Since the company is inland, did they do it in a yard of your choice or does Tom have a deal somewhere to haul you for the work? Do his employees travel to do the installation or sub the installation out to locals? Do they do the complete job, including paint?

Pete

Pete,

I had Tom build the rails for me, and ship them to my house. I installed them myself...which was rather difficult while the boat was in the water, and I was working out of a dingy.

If you want installation details, let me know.