Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I have a new neighbor...

looks like I have this new neighbor, some old Hatteras MY.. i hope they're not a bunch of loud party animals paying loud music all night!
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: I have a new neighbor...

You could always get one of those game calling tapes and broadcast animal mating sounds 24/7.
    Or get real sneaky and get some shrimp sounds and transmit underwater, from what I hear they are actually very noisy.

The boat on the left looks like a 56 Matthews. The one on the right looks like Sanctuary. Is that Ang's boat? Or is this a trick question?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

the boat on the left isnt' a Matthews, it's 60ish custom built...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You just can't mistake those modified handrails on Sanctuary.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It's me! It's me!!! I don't have internet yet, so I'm logged in as Egaito. We had wifi over at Rickenbacker, and now that I don't, I need to get internet service back on the boat again.

I just LOVE how calm and quiet it is here. Heck, I need to use an alarm clock now that I don't have that daily morning wake that darn near throws me out of bed at 6:30 a.m. I'm enjoying a 60' slip with FINGER PIERS - I can use my Marquip steps and the pilothouse doors. I also have lots of pilings - still trying to decide which ones to use. LOL

Ang
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

hard to not to recognize Sanctuary's railing indeed...

why do you guys have the marquipt platform on? looks like the stairs will fit just fine directly on the hull... are you just waiting a couple of days to make sure the lines are set right for the stairs to work?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

No more "walking the plank" to get on and off?
    Your guests are going to miss that little thrill.

Gee Ed I kind of liked the motion of the ocean. After all a boat is supposed to move around on the water. Well I know Angela is sure to like the new digs. Good luck, we are looking forward to our next trip down.

Walt & Monica

The Marquipts are out, well, because we can, and the angle works. Not everyone wants to practice gymnastics to get on the boat ;-)

Putting them directly on the boat won't actually work well, particularly at low tide, when I'm pretty sure they'll be knocking on the neighbors hull. Also, the mounting point is below the dock at low tide......either way, the right angle that presents isn't as convenient as the angle up the finger that the platform provides. We're still adjusting lines as well of course. That'll take a few days to get where we want them.

The motion, or lack thereof, is taking some time to get used to after all of the rocking and rolling over there at Rickenbacker. It's generally quiet wake wise, with a larger number of dinghy's running right off the platform, and boats from the public ramp launching and retrieving, but all in all, a much better behaved crowd. With the winds that we had over the last couple of days, I'm even more convinced that we need a hurricane plan though. The boat definately gets more wind action here.

I like being in the Grove, but will miss the Crandon Park charter fleet's fresh catches just down the road. The drive across the causeway bridge to Key Biscayne is stunning, there's something about crossing that bridge that makes it easier to leave "things" on the mainland. The skyline and sunset views from Rickenbacker are tough to beat as well, but the wake action can be excessive for sure, and I won't miss that. We're bow-in here, which gives us a view of a small barrier island and the mooring field behind us, (or mine field in a hurricane) so the close-up view is better, even if the skyline is lacking something.

I doubt the neighborhood could match our old dock, which treated us to dinner and drinks on our last night, but I'm open minded. So far, I've noticed that people I pass on the dock don't seem to say "hello" as much, and seem a little surprised that I do, but I've met several dock dogs, and they're always smiling....but then, I like most dogs more than most people ;-)

It didn't take Rickenbacker long to rent our old slip...a 48 Meridian is the new occupant. Now THAT's a boat that will fully experience the motion of the ocean over there.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com