Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: How low can they go? 58YF for $75K NR

I don't know Ang, it depends on the circumstances. Quite frankly, I was glad to have both of mine when the 58 was in FL and the 41 was in TN. That's why I took the 41 off the market when I did. For a while there, I didn't know which end was up or where I was going to end up myself. It made it nice to have "homes" in both states. Who knows, history may repeat itself.

2. Re: How low can they go? 58YF for $75K NR

Randy, I can relate somewhat, as we HAD to buy our Hat when she was available, but our old Chris was just too cute to hate even though we were now two boaters. I worried alot, though, and didn't need Starbucks to stay awake..so probably broke even. You know what I mean?
    As for the silly prices, don't ever confuse overfinanced, under maintained, abused JUNK with quality, enjoyable and resalable product. I've been through too many of these recessions (read get REAL) times to think that quality doesn't matter. In good times, most of this stuff would be in the garbage bin...now it's a deal?????

Craig in BC

I just returned from 9 days away and saw this thread. This 58YF is 15 mins from my house, and 5 from my office. If someone is seriously interested, PM me and I am happy to look/take pictures for you. This boat is sitting in a freshwater creek, and can only get in and out under the US1 bridge with a south wind, and some luck...so I don't know how often she is "exercised" or if the proper anodes are/were used on the underwater metals.

Jason

I was cruising through Yachtworld and saw this 1974 65' Hat, now I will apologize if the current owner is a lurking here but dayam that is one ugly interior!
    I would guess somebody knows the history of this boat, they are asking $59,000 for it, it is a project boat, if I bought it the first thing to go would be that Roman or Greco column!

FUGLY!

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1974.../United-States

That has been for sale forever. It's begging for someone with a sawzall and a 5 gal. bucket full of spare blades.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I've seen that before. I wonder how you would enter the boat from the swim platform. Do you have to go up that staircase-looking transom all the way to the bridge?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I've seen that before. I wonder how you would enter the boat from the swim platform. Do you have to go up that staircase-looking transom all the way to the bridge?
    Ok, So maybe a chain saw instead of a Sawzall. We'd get a door in there one way or another. If Yachtsmanwillie wasn't otherwise occupied, he could get her squared away post haste.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

That's a perfect example of how you can't recoup the cost of a refit. I'm sure the owner spent a huge amount of cash on this boat. Not my style but it wasn't done for me. Hopefully the owner was happy with it when it was completed. Now he has to find a buyer with similar taste.
    Jack Sardina

I would buy it, reason is that so far it appears to be "clean" that is its not been underwater, not a fire restoration, hasn't been dropped on its bow and the engines are running.
    I am not a fan of bright pale woods, I love the reds, the burls and good old hardwoods like teak and mahogany, and then brass, I love brass and chrome. I liked the original interior paneling of the Hats, sure it gives an impression of a smaller area because of the darkness, if I wanted bright I would go live in a hospital room.

I kinda feel sorry for this old Hat that has to suffer under some fools idea of style, I wish the owner was on these boards just to see what kind of evil genius that person is!

This poor boat is screaming in pain, "Release me from this nightmare".

Electric chainsaws, a big dumpster. Maybe I could sell the column to Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post

If you look closely at the salon aft pic. it shows daylight from the starboard side swim platform into the back of the salon UNDER the steps (?) all the way up. The master looks intact, but whats the "toy" door aft for?
    It also looks extended... was that a 58 YF maybe? ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults