Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

How low can they go? 58YF for $75K NR

Check this out. A 58YF for 75K on ebay and no reserve. How low can they go?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-...3A1|240%3A1318
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: How low can they go? 58YF for $75K NR

Hey Sky, who knew the wallpaper/painted walls and cabinets would hurt the value so much! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    Hey Sky, who knew the wallpaper/painted walls and cabinets would hurt the value so much! LOL
    Yes, that is very interesting. Not one bid. Maybe they should try $50K.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

A very original 1973 53 Classic MY, kept under cover all its life, will close sale tomorrow for $75,000. after a successful full survey and seatrial. Paint is OK, needs interior refit.

An original owner 1970 Chris Craft 47' Commander (solid FG) MY, repowered in the 1980's with 3208N Cats (4000 hours, start immediately) boat IMRON painted not long ago and it still sparkles, needs interior soft goods. Surveyed and seatrialed very well on Friday. Will likely close for purchase price at $40K.

A 1980 53 Classic MY sold as a repo in December for $90K in Ft Lauderdale. I was aboard the boat within the last 18 months. Paint was OK, interior decent, engines reported low hours SMOH. Remember that a 1980 model has the centerline aft berth and the newer style FB. That was a nice buy.

There are deals out there for those bold enough to part with their cash.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    A very original 1973 53 Classic MY, kept under cover all its life, will close sale tomorrow for $75,000. after a successful full survey and seatrial. Paint is OK, needs interior refit.

An original owner 1970 Chris Craft 47' Commander (solid FG) MY, repowered in the 1980's with 3208N Cats (4000 hours, start immediately) boat IMRON painted not long ago and it still sparkles, needs interior soft goods. Surveyed and seatrialed very well on Friday. Will likely close for purchase price at $40K.

A 1980 53 Classic MY sold as a repo in December for $90K in Ft Lauderdale. I was aboard the boat within the last 18 months. Paint was OK, interior decent, engines reported low hours SMOH. Remember that a 1980 model has the centerline aft berth and the newer style FB. That was a nice buy.

There are deals out there for those bold enough to part with their cash.
    Yup, Eric...I found a nice 1979 53 classic that can be bought for $120,000. A fresh water boat that is very nice. Gee Eric find me a 48' LRC for 100K. Maybe even a newer 42'LRC for 90K.I drool over those 48s.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

I think I remember seeing a 48 LRC that sold not long ago for $135K.

Just checked SoldBoats. I was wrong. $104,000. closed in Nov 2008. 1976 Hatt 48 LRC located in St. Louis, MO.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 02-22-2009 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Updated info.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Where was the Chris Craft? Was it listed on yachtworld?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    Having the original (dark) teak paneling and fixtures doesn't seem to help add much value at this time.

I think that one of the big problems with boat sales is the buyer's current boat. I have had several boats that I would have taken a serious look at if I felt that I could sell my current 36C. I love our boat, but there are a few Hatteras models that might work better for us and our needs. Having said that, I, and many others, are afraid to get too serious because of the threat of becoming a two boat owner for a long time. The cost of ownership coupled with the lower value of these boats makes it very scarry to own a boat that you don't want. We have decided that the only way we can justify buying a boat , like a 48' LRC, is to buy it at a price that is low enough that we are willing to take a chance with the possibility of being a two boat owner. Some of the low prices we have seen are directly related to the poor condition of the boat. WE don't want that either. So, if someone knows of a nice 48'LRC that the owner NEEDS to sell, let me know.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

1980/81 when interest rates were 18%+ we were blowing boats out cheap. 4 years later they were selling for 25+% higher.

Once all the boaters drink some Obama water (I have free bottles avaiilable) they will "feel good" and do risky things like own several boats again.

Damn that taste good. Anybody?
    "A man must know his limitations" Clint Eastwood