Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Nordhavn Boats

Re: Nordhavn Boats

Quote Originally Posted by tIM pOWELL View Post
    I do not know that brand. But in years past say 15 years ago class rods 20 pound and up were solid glass. The first to make as i know tublar glass off shore was fenwick. After that came shakespear with the famous Holenger meathod known as the ugley stick. Then came pro rod in california then Daiwa and the race was on. Away went the solid and the tublar glass off shore was on. As every one figured out how to control action and strength with carbon away went the heavy solid rods
    It is a crapy market now i do not believe there is a tublar rod maker in the US now. Daiwa has a small factoey in California which makes composit golf shafts and maybee orvis fly rods.
    OK enuff you have cleaned me.

One more you may be thinking you are buying us but the blank can be inported and the guides and handles assembled in the us and they can put the made in usa on the product as long as more than 51 percent of the cost was in the US, KINDA SAD
    I have all my custom rods made with Calstar and Seeker hollow carbon and boron blanks, they're made in southern California.
    Real high end stuff though. Light as a feather, and with many to choose from I get just the length, weight, and action I want. But they're EXPENSIVE, like $500/blank.
    For long range San Diego style (stand up) live bait fishing where you hold the rig in your hands all day, and for 350+lb tuna, they're worth it.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Nordhaven has sure sold a ton of boats on SoCal, there must be at least a hundred of them in San Diego.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Quote Originally Posted by luckydave215 View Post
    Nordhaven has sure sold a ton of boats on SoCal, there must be at least a hundred of them in San Diego.
    Aging hipster boat
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

They're all ex-sailors.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

Top subject of dock talk: "How does that guy with the old Hatteras (or Chris Craft) keep his stainless so shiny? I just paid a million for my Nordy, and the rust streaks are everywhere!"