Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lrc For Sale

Re: Lrc For Sale

Good thoughts Tony. I would probably keep Unity in Florida and the LRC in the Great Lakes. I don't think anything is selling in Detroit. If I wanted to sell our boat, I would surely return it to the Great Lakes as these folks in Florida won't even look at a gas powered boat. I spent last night near Stuart and ran into Tom Fullerton and his beautiful 42LRC, Serenity. This is the 42 that was the start of this thread. He and his Admiral do have a beautiful boat.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    Scott, each engine with transmission is about 28k, the new genny is about 9k. Beside those items there was 8k or more for the exhaust changes, (I don't understand this as all of these boats originally had 5" exhaust whether they had Crusaders, 3208 Cats, or DD 6-71s). Everyone tells me that we need at least 6". This could easily go to 10k. 2K for the larger water intakes. Odds and ends, shipping, taxes etc. and you get to 90 k very easily. Our shafts are 1 3/4" and the props may work fine. Remember, these boats were offered with gas or diesel. They kept most everything the same regardless which engines were selected.
    Last I checked the engines reman 450's were less than that and the generators about $6,500-7500. Many yards are making deals to keep busy and will do the install for their cost plus a little instead of the usual highway robbery.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Last I checked the engines reman 450's were less than that and the generators about $6,500-7500. Many yards are making deals to keep busy and will do the install for their cost plus a little instead of the usual highway robbery.
    That could surely be true. The pricing that we did was 2 years ago. Much has changed with the new economy. I will check all that out, thanks.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Oh Hell. I'll do a trade for my 48MY for a 63CPMY anyday. (And I LOVE my boat. BobK, WaltP -- we ROCK!)

Still, in a pinch, I'd even trade her for a 58 LRC.

Any takers?

(Yeah. Didn't think so...)