Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lrc For Sale

Lrc For Sale

We are selling our 1985 42 LRC after owning her for 9 yrs. Call for info 530.514.3040 Tom

Re: Lrc For Sale

Could you give us more data and asking price. This is a tough market and those of us that may want to upgrade realise that our existing boat will be tough to sell, and the price that we need to accept is much less than in the past. The amount of money we are willing to risk for our upgrade is far more limited now. Pictures would also be nice.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

3. Re: Lrc For Sale

Pics, full description and a price please.....
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

In case Tom does not post again...I found this.

http://www.hatteraslrc.com/LRC%20Buy...ullerton42.htm
    Rich Johnson
    Washington, DC
    53' MY M/V Lady Elizabeth

Nice photos, needs some info with it.

This sure looks like a beautiful example of these boats. I would love to own a Mark II like this but, I can't spend anywhere that much money for one. The economic slowdown sure seems to have missed this group of great boats. Are they really selling them though, or are they dreaming, Hmmm. The sold boats shows a few Mark I boats that have sold near $100,000, but no Mark II boats for as far back as I can go.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    This sure looks like a beautiful example of these boats. I would love to own a Mark II like this but, I can't spend anywhere that much money for one. The economic slowdown sure seems to have missed this group of great boats. Are they really selling them though, or are they dreaming, Hmmm. The sold boats shows a few Mark I boats that have sold near $100,000, but no Mark II boats for as far back as I can go.
    Well there are 29 Mark II LRCs. Fullerton's I think is the last one built, I own the first one built 1980 hull 401. Skooch is the boat in the Sams brochures.

Great on fuel, 1200+ range, seaworthy, dry, large cabins and heads, large flybridge, fiberglass tankage, L-shaped galley, full sized appliances, mechanical long lived twin motors, 3'11" draft. They should hold their value.

With all that said zero have sold in the last year or so, to my knowledge.

Hatteras LRC owners inside joke. The LRC calls a marina in Miami requesting a slip. The dockmaster says do you need any fuel today captain. The LRCer says "No I just topped off in Annapolis".

Skooch
    Worton Creek MD

Great info Skootch. I have been aboard a MarkI and they aren't bad either. The MarkII is a bunch better though. There is a Mark I in Michigan listed that has 1000 total all fresh water hours. They are asking $98,500. The only thing that I saw that was strange is that it did not have the "optional" bow pulpit. I will surely look at that boat but I would rather have a Mark II. If none have sold, then there is only one possible problem, price.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp View Post
    Great info Skootch. I have been aboard a MarkI and they aren't bad either. The MarkII is a bunch better though. There is a Mark I in Michigan listed that has 1000 total all fresh water hours. They are asking $98,500. The only thing that I saw that was strange is that it did not have the "optional" bow pulpit. I will surely look at that boat but I would rather have a Mark II. If none have sold, then there is only one possible problem, price.
    Maynard,
    If you look at anything around here, let me know. I'd be happy to go along. Sometimes two set of eyes can pick out things that one might have missed.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Maynard,
    If you look at anything around here, let me know. I'd be happy to go along. Sometimes two set of eyes can pick out things that one might have missed.
    I surely will, Sky. I hope my last comment doesn't PO anybody, but if no boats have sold in a long time, like a year or so, then it sure is obvious that the prices are too high. The other change is the cost of fuel. Now that fuel is half what it was last year, these boats have lost some demand, I would think. Toyoto can't give a Prius away right now, and GM has a backlog of SUV orders. Go figure.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C