Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cptbob Guest

8v53's and repower

I have removed my 8v53's and haven't found a repower yet, what is the report on the cummins 450C?
    any problems on engine mounts?
    Thanks,
    bob

ross bicford Guest

8-53

yes, I am looking of a 8-53 to rebuild
    My email is honeyslane@hotmail.com
    Please let me know as soon as possible
    Thanks Ross

pirate1960 Guest

8v53

There were two of these in the New Orleans area. They belong to a seafood dealer. I saw these motors. One was partially apart and the other was fully assembled.

I can find this man's number and call if you would like.

You can email me directly at cortezlandry@AOL.com

Also know that contrary to public knowledge, Detroit Diesel manufactures at least 8 of these blocks BRAND NEW EACH YEAR. Most of these are sold very quickly.

These are great motors. Lots of weight but lots of RPM.

Unlike anything else, I swear they would run off of beer and ice cream if you needed them to.

well maybe.....

The Pirate

SKAMMTOO Guest

8v53

Heck, I think that I could even run on Beer and Ice Cream if necessary!!

beeperbob Guest

8v53

PLEASE CONTACT ME @ (813)- 508-5162 TO DISCUSS MY AVAILABLE 8V53 DIESEL ENGINE FOR SALE. THANKS BEEPERBOB

divernc Guest

Re: 8v53

Saw this in the Sunday, May 16, Raleigh, NC "News & Observer". I know nothing about this listing, but remembered this thread and thought I'd pass it on.

"(2) Detroit 6V53Ns, heat exchanger cooled, fresh water engines, 800 hrs, velvet drives 2/1. $5500. Call Bob 361-790-6589 New Bern"

BEEPERBOB Guest

CUMMINS MOUNTS

FIT AS THOUGH DESIGNED FOR THE BOAT WITHOUT MODIFICATION TO THE STRINGERS THE ENGINES RUN @ MAX RPM.