Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ross bickford Guest

need 8-53 Detriot engine

I have spun a bearing and may need a replacement block. Now that is bad enough but the fellow that tried to pull the engine dropped it and broke the oil pan and bent the transmittion cooler and and the piping going into the heat exchanger. So I pulled the engine myself and got my hand in the way, another story. If any one has any information on parts or some on that has repower that has their old engines around yet please contact me. Thanks Bic's Lady ( 41 hatt ) Ross Owner

saltshaker36 Guest
    I know of a pair of 400hp 6v53TA's that are coming out of a 1990 42' Egg Harbor. Might make an easy upgrade for you. E-mail me and I can get you in touch with the owner. If not try boatdiesel.com. If you don't find one listed, post an ad in the wanted section. I'm sure someone will have an 8v53 around.

HunnsHatt Guest
    Those the ones in CT?? If I hadn't rebuilt the my 53's thats the way I would have gone. Way more power, less lbs.

ross bickford Guest
    Yes I would like to talk to the owner of the 6-53's.

saltshaker36 Guest

6v53TA's

Ross
    Give me a call and I can get you in touch with the owner. I should be home after 8:00pm. Jack Sardina 201-939-2516

saltshaker36 Guest

6v53TA's

Hi Tim,
    Yes these are the engines in CT. Hope all is well
    Jack Sardina

HunnsHatt Guest

Re: 6v53TA's

Hi Jack, things are going well, for a change. Should have the boat ready to splash the begining of june, can't wait. I was over at Shinacock at oaklands marina sat, and looked at Jimmy Hummels new (to him) 6? 41 hatt with big cummins c in it. My interior, his everthing else and I'd be set for life. He just had a new paint job done, fighting lady yellow, modern air intakes, and you couldn't hardly tell the difference between the 90's 3/4 mil boats and the 30+ year old one. Gave me a role model to shoot for.
    Hows your repower going?? when do you plan on splashing??

ross bickford Guest

Re: 6v53TA's

I am still in need of 8-53 engine parts. If any one know of a whole engine or pieces and parts please contact me. THANKS Bic's Lady

Johnny Housey Guest

8V53 block

Ross,
    The block & crank in New Orleans were sold last with the 41.
    Johnny

beeperbob Guest

8v-53's

I have what your looking for as I am repowering my 41' with 450C Cummins as we speak contact me soon if your still interested