Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Re: Naiad lower seal replacement

Quote Originally Posted by billwilletts View Post
    I am pulling mine out next month. The PO never maintained them so one of them is actually leaking water and grease into the bolt through the actuator. Obviously going to need seals and bearing but I wonder what else is damaged and if someone rebuilds the actuators if removed? I can't imagine I would be so lucky as to just replace bearings and seals. Anyone experienced this before?
    You will probably need bearings and seals and that may be all. If you see oil leaking then you may also need feedback assemblies if its not from the cylinder itself. Also check for play to see if you need trunion bushings.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    You will probably need bearings and seals and that may be all. If you see oil leaking then you may also need feedback assemblies if its not from the cylinder itself. Also check for play to see if you need trunion bushings.
    I also had to change the hydraulic lines due to leaks at the fittings.

Bobk

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Can anyone tell me the diameter and tpi for the jack bolt (manual fin removal tool) or the hydraulic fin removal adapter. I have a Naiad 252 system.

Thanks, Stan
    81 48' Hatteras MY

Here is a sketch (NOT TO SCALE)
    Attached Images
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"