Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Hatteras 45C vs Viking 45 (88-92)

That 45C 1985 model in NY can probably be bought for about 20 grand right now. Drop in a couple of QSMs and a bunch of money and/or time for rehab and you can have a great $150 thousand dollar boat for about $300 grand. Seriously I spoke to the broker a couple of days ago and the bank is desperate to get rid of it.

Walt

Check the entire hull sides for moisture. My son has found wet core in every 44MY he has looked at, including low on the transom.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    Check the entire hull sides for moisture. My son has found wet core in every 44MY he has looked at, including low on the transom.

Bob
    I will. Thanks Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Spanky - when you head to Florida stop in at Wilmington, NC and I will take you for a ride on my 45CII/QSM- she isn't for sale at the moment but may be after this year's marlin tournament season - Cheers, george
    Thanks George, I may just do that. I was speaking with Tom Slane at Slane Marine the other day. Are you the George they repowered?

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky's Gang View Post
    I was speaking with Tom Slane at Slane Marine the other day. Are you the George they repowered?
    Tom is doing some work for my cousin at the moment and is one of the best. My repower was done by Sonny Middleton at Dog River Marine. Sonny has done a bunch of Hatt repowers and is a great resource of information. You should give him a call - he may know of some repowered Hatts that are for sale but not on the market yet. I bought my 45 "Jolly Mon" from a Doc who had had her for many years and after rebuilding the 692 once decided to go for the QSM repower - his criteria were reliability, efficiency and performance.

Good luck with the search. The invite for a ride is sincere. Come on down - the wahoo bite is starting in the Stream. Cheers, george

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Tom is doing some work for my cousin at the moment and is one of the best. My repower was done by Sonny Middleton at Dog River Marine. Sonny has done a bunch of Hatt repowers and is a great resource of information. You should give him a call - he may know of some repowered Hatts that are for sale but not on the market yet. I bought my 45 "Jolly Mon" from a Doc who had had her for many years and after rebuilding the 692 once decided to go for the QSM repower - his criteria were reliability, efficiency and performance.

Good luck with the search. The invite for a ride is sincere. Come on down - the wahoo bite is starting in the Stream. Cheers, george
    Thanks George. I'll definitely give Sonny a call and I greatly appreciate the invite. The wahoo teaser worked. I'll find a way to get down later this Spring. Look forward to meeting you.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    That 45C 1985 model in NY can probably be bought for about 20 grand right now. Drop in a couple of QSMs and a bunch of money and/or time for rehab and you can have a great $150 thousand dollar boat for about $300 grand. Seriously I spoke to the broker a couple of days ago and the bank is desperate to get rid of it.

Walt
    Hey Walt:

I spoke with Tom Slane about that boat. He's got a recent survey on her. She's a huge project for sure and probably more than I can take on with somewhat limited funds and extremely limited time to spare. There's gotta be a nice 45 (or 6) out there with fresh QSMs. I'll keep the noise and research up and see what comes along.

Thanks,

Joe

Go to the Jarrett Bay web site. there is a 45C in Morehead NC that has been repowered. Be sure to tell the broker I send you there if you go.
    Roger Wetherington
    252-670-4819 rwetheringt@centurylink.net
    Sam's Marine
    www.samsmarine.com