Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Hatteras Badges Disappearing

So, my 1972 43 DC was repainted last year .. long process and some things ended up missing .. including the Badges ...

Does anyone know where i can find replacements or does anyone have a High Res photo of the appropriate badge - I know a guy ... that can likely laser cut new stainless badges, if I have a proper picture.

There was a guy on here, and on FB selling newly made stainless ones. They are very nice, I got a pair for our 72 43DC. Even the screw holes lined up.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

I asked if he could make them a little bit thicker. He said he would look into it and after 3 requests and no return texts I stopped asking. The ones he makes are really nice I just wanted a thicker stock.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The stainless ones are VERY nice. Seven, you’d be happy with them. You don’t want them thick, that’s how they get knocked off or water forced underneath when the boat gets washed. I bought a set and plan to install shortly.

I have some scrap G-10 Fiberglass (1/4-inch). Maybe too thick.

Any thoughts on using G-10? Scraps are available on E Bay for 1/8-inch.

Quote Originally Posted by cww View Post
    The stainless ones are VERY nice. Seven, you’d be happy with them. You don’t want them thick, that’s how they get knocked off or water forced underneath when the boat gets washed. I bought a set and plan to install shortly.
    Can you send a photo of what yours look like installed? Thanks for the info.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California