Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SKAMMTOO Guest

PIPEWELDERS DAVIT

I HAVE THE ORIGINAL PIPEWELDERS 1,000# DAVIT FROM A HATTERAS MOTORYACHT. THE TOP AND DECK FLANGE ARE PERFECT. THE STANDPIPE IS BENT, BUT IT IS ONLY SCHEDULE 40 ALUMINUM 4" PIPE. ASKING $600.00 FOR THE WHOLE THING WITH BUYER ARRANGING PICKUP OR DELIVERY.

Bob Bradley Guest

Your davit

I presume you are referring to a dinghy davit, not an anchor davit. I have been considering installing a davit on the bow of my 43C for an inflatable. Would you know if the size is compatible with a 43'? Also, is this a motorized davit?

skammtoo Guest

davit

Hi, Bob. It is a dingy davit. It would definitely fit on the bow of a convertible. There is no winch with it. It has a "pad" on it with four bolt holes for an electric or manual winch. My winch died.

I finally bought a new style low profile davit to replace this one.

Thanks!:rollin

Bugs Too 58YF Guest

Boat Davit/Hoist

I have the original 110V electric hoist on my circa 1977 Pipewelders davit/hoist. It works but looks old. Would like to get it rebuilt while I am at it. Any suggestions of a rebuilder? I can't locate the original manufacturer, I think they are out of business.

Thanks,
    Bill

SKAMMTOO Guest

BOAT DAVIT/HOIST

Was it a Cordem winch? If it is, it's cheaper to buy a new one. That's what got me looking to replace my entire setup with a new style low profile davit.

Good look on the hunt.

BUGS Too 58 YF Guest

Davit

Yep, it is a Cordem. Been looking for them to see about a rebuild, but can't locate. It still works OK, but wouldn't mind rebuilding or upgrading. Just had the davit repainted along with the rest of the boat. Looked at low profile cranes, but I am concerned about clearance of the dink where it is located. Do you know of a direct bolt-on replacement for the Cordem?

Thanks,
    Bill

SKAMMTOO Guest

DAVIT

A lot of the other winches have the same bolt pattern, but you can get that rebuilt almost anywhere. Your marina probably has a place that they send equipment like that to.

Like I said, it's not cheap, but it will allow you to keep the same unit.

Happy Labor Day weekend!

K:rollin

Bob Bradley Guest

Location?

Where are you and the unit located? Also, since my 43 doesn't presently have a davitt, can you give me any insites into the mounting requirements?

BUGS TOO 58YF Guest

Davit winch

K,
    T
    hanks for the info!

Bill

SKAMMTOO Guest

DAVIT

Bob, we are in Connecticut.
    Mounting is pretty easy. You have to bore a 4" hole through the deck. The standpipe goes down into the cabin (usually into a hanging locker) and is supported at the bottom. There is a deck flange that you can set up to the proper angle of your deck when you weld it onto a new standpipe. The upper part of the davit just slips into the standpipe.

A fairing block can be made to go between the deck and the flange to better fit the deck contour.

K