Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Come to the table

CNN ( a news group I do not call fair and balanced ) had a report about every special interest group looking for its place at the obamarama table asking for their handouts. From what was reported the groups feel he owes then for their voting him in and now they want their "Gbmnt cheese".

Looks like the $700 Bil will only be the tip of the iceberg. Illegal Immigration may become a thing of the past with open boarders and no security checks.

In reality we need to trade pure freedom for security. Too bad the special interest groups do not share our concern since it is against their agenda.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Re: Come to the table

Aw c'mon Scott! What's wrong with CNN, otherwise known as the Clinton News Network? They report with the same slant that the majority of news organizations do!

One of the things I find very interesting is that they keep playing the video clip of when JFK said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Isn't that the EXACT OPPOSITE of what the Obama administration is all about??? Seems like they are all about what the country can do for YOU (handouts, stimulus packages, more government programs, etc).

My, how times have changed!

Lets not forget that nearly half of the people of this country did not vote for this. If you look at any voting map by county, a sea of red is all you notice with the exception of some blue around each metropolitan area. Don't lose hope, the tide will change. It just takes time.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

It is amazing how fast everyone is to make a comment about this. Did we forget the shennanigans of the last 2 elections and the stuff they did as well. Give the man a chance eh?
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    It is amazing how fast everyone is to make a comment about this. Did we forget the shennanigans of the last 2 elections and the stuff they did as well. Give the man a chance eh?
    There is no perfect political party Noel! The man has been given his chance, and we will see how he does. Please pardon those of us who did not support him if we have a bit of skepticism while he makes all this "change".

My point was simply why do they keep showing JFK's famous quote so much when this administration is for the exact opposite? It makes no sense and only serves to alienate the JFK supporters from Obama's administration as far as I can tell.

We already have a pretty good idea of what we're going to get; higher taxes, more bailouts, and more fees and regulations. Just look at the last 2 years with Reid and Pelosi in charge. A president doesn't write the laws, Congress does. And the when we reelect the majority party giving them an even wider majority, we are going to get even more of the same. It's not about who the President is.
    Sky Cheney

A Republican administration for 8 years. A brief reminder---a bare democratic majority in Congress does not give legislative authority per se because of Presidential veto and the inability to over-ride. However, the President has significant authority that can be exercised without legislature approval. Geez. This is basic civics, folks.

And--by the way---President-elect Obama is NOT yet President. At this point in time, neither he nor any of the others elected in November has any authority whatsoever so it may be somewhat premature to castigate his administration; it doesn't yet exist.

Ah! but what does any of that matter? Let not your opinion be hindered by fact.

Wasn't it here I read; "I'm not prejudiced. I just don't like blacks."?

They show his picture because it is less volatile than FDR's maybe? I understand the skepticism as I too am fraught with it. But I also have to believe that we are not dead yet. Just going through a change like in the 60's (which I personally do not remember except for potty training etc...) (LOL come to think of it, I do not remember that either!!!).

But, for awhile great things happened and then tapered off as well. I am excited over some of the barriers that were broken and at the same time saddened by the utter lack of respect for privacy by the media as well.

As for lining up at the trough, The other side did it too. Best to just remember majorities are very short lived in this day. He has his 2 years and then lock up.
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Huh? I must have missed that one. Scary statement too
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
    Not from me, you didn't.
    Sky Cheney