Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bow Spray Rails

Geoff58 Guest

Spray Rails

Bill (BugsToo)- did you have success installing the Smart Rails on your 58yf? We just brought ours from Fla to Ca and its one wet ride up front! Would really appreciate any comments/pix etc on the smart rails. tks.

rtrafford Guest

Re: Spray Rails

spoke to smart rails this week re: rails for my 53c.

they have a new version of the M2000 coming out the end of october, a 3 inch version! should be able to use less rail and get more lift.

for my 53c they recommend 1 set of 3 inch for the rear, stemming 9 feet fore of the transom on each side.

they recommend 18 feet on each side from the bow, 12-15 inches above the chime with the M1000 for spray.

likely that i will heed their advice.

Re: Bow Spray Rails

Can you send me a photo of the installed spray rails? As others have asked, can you give an idea of cost? I just bought a 1969 38' Hatteras tri-cabin and will be restoring and upgrading it. Since I am new to all this yet, is this something that will fit on a 38' double cabin and tri-cabin Hatteras? Send photo and any info to genebeley@aol.com
    Last edited by genebeley; 04-28-2006 at 03:44 AM.

last i knew my 41 pictures were still on the smart rail web page.

Greg Im interested in the spray rails you previously discussed. How have they worked for you, do you have pictures and any tech specs of before and after? Pls E mail me : dukeleosno@aol.com
    Kent Britting
    Makin' Memories 1970 58YF

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wagner
    For anyone interested I had Bow Spray Rails installed on my 58YF this spring. What a huge differance it has made. It is great being able to sit on the front of the boat while underway and not get wet. I had a fiberglass shop make a mold, and now they can make Rails for anyone who would like a set. If anyone is interested in buying a set just call or e-mail me.
    PLEASE EMQAIL INFO ON THE RAILS. BOAT OUT OF THE WATER AND READY TO GO RDAVIDUNGER@YAHOO.COM

7. Re: Bow Spray Rails

Here are two sites that show permanent spray/lift rails installed, for those who are interested. http://www.sponbergyachtdesign.com/Bluebill.htm and www.starcarpentry.com/liftrails.shtml I looked at the smartrails, and they did not offer the lift I felt we needed, so we decided to make them for Boss Lady.