Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bow Spray Rails

Greg Wagner Guest

Bow Spray Rails

For anyone interested I had Bow Spray Rails installed on my 58YF this spring. What a huge differance it has made. It is great being able to sit on the front of the boat while underway and not get wet. I had a fiberglass shop make a mold, and now they can make Rails for anyone who would like a set. If anyone is interested in buying a set just call or e-mail me.

ILLUSION1 Guest

bow spray rails

What is the cost? What is you email address?
    Did you get any better performance?
    I have a 53' hat and it's a wet ride!
    email me at davef@arssupply.com

Thanx

brosejr Guest

spray rails

I have a quote of $7500.00 installed from Cable Marine in Ft. Lauderdale Sure would like to know of another source.

brosejr@coastalnet.com

Mike Guest

spray rails for a 53 MY

I am interested assuming they will work on a 53. Pls forward a contact.
    It would be much appreciated. Thanks. Mike

enuff Guest

spray rail;

please forward info on the spray rails

smuffner@aol.com

bbcastoff1 Guest

Spray Rails

How much the rails are and How long it takes. Our boat is out of water at this time getting painted. Please let us know
    Thanks John & Poo

bbcastoff1 Guest

Spray Rails

How much the rails are and How long it takes. Our boat is out of water at this time getting painted. Please let us know
    Thanks John & Poo

cptgreg Guest

bow spray rails

call Capt Greg at 1-800-348-5412

JCAnderson Guest

Bow Spray Rails

Please send information on the bow spray rails to janetebi@aol.com. We have a 58' YF that is being painted right now. Thanks.

34hatt Guest

Spray rails

Well I know there has been a lot of talk about spray rails for some time now. Well on Sunday I took my 34 out for the first time with Smart rails installed. They are the ones you glue on. I added them 6" from the bow to 6" from the stern following the chime all the way. They made a very big difference with the spray, looking from the cockpit you could never see the tru hulls that are midship now you can see them clear as day. Still not sure if there is much of a speed change since the boat was empty will be loading the truckloads of normal stuff this week that we all seem to need for cruising! The installation was not bad at all the Instructions are very detailed and you can always call with any questions. The most work was caused by the fact that I did not like the looks of the gel coat so I stripped it to raw glass then did 3 coats of west which took for ever since it kept on raining in the northeast. Then I waited a week for a day that was dry and above 70 degree which is need for the bonding of the rails. So far I can say I am pleased with the product and time will tell how they hold up the one nice thing is no screws and I tried to pull one of and it would not move.
    www.thesmartrail.com/
    Dan