Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: 1965 41dc, 1974 58dc

No problem whatsoever with you posting a picture of my 58. Just for clarification, it's located just outside Chattanooga, TN where I brough it back from Florida via Bay Point Marina in Panama City, FL.

I'm back in the office now, so I'll shoot you a PM.

My two yard workers are trying to kill me, I clocked in at 4am today and started doing some finish work on this 28' gillnet boat in my shop, the shop is huge, I could a couple of years ago park 6 concrete mixers in it and two loaders, its a bit more cramped now but anyway our weather took a minor cold snap and it was 0 degrees F this morning, my big 500,000btu forced air furnace has a burnt spot on the fins and it blows carbon monoxide into the shop so I shut it down last year.

Back in 1996 I put in a radiant heat floor before we had a concrete floor, well it took until last year for me to finally get the boiler room built and get it running, the whole kitten n kaboodle was built by me and it works fine even when its -45, because its not really cold cold I have it set low so the shop temp is about 74, usually I prefer 60 degrees because with the thermal underwear and such its too uncomfortable working if its too warm, flip side is here I am doing a ton of fiberglass grinding and take my word wearing thermal and glass don't mix so I just work in my tee shirt, well along comes 8am and they come in and immediately open the big overhead door and turn on all the exhaust fans, they don't like the smell of vinylester resin I guess, immediate its like 30 degrees and I'm in a tee shirt well I don't like wearing my good thermals and getting resin all over them so I called it an early day at 10am and so I am back on the forums, spent the last couple of hours going over the history of Freebird, that poor boat is screaming in silent pain you know Sparky.

My god does it still have that 70's disco interior?

I just thought I would dig up some pics of the 58TC in its original sales brochure, not bad, I would have a ton of LED lights and some laminate flooring oh and a rock something like granite/epoxy or marlble countertop.

Sent you a PM.

Just a note for those of you who can't pay cash or borrow against an older boat. I will offer owner financing at competitive rates for those who are qualified.

In addition, I will consider smaller boat trades as well as trades for RV's or automobiles. Have a boat even bigger/better/newer than my 58TC? I will consider a two for one trade, possibly a two for one trade plus cash. My primary goal is to once again be a one boat owner as opposed to just getting out of boating.

Re: 1965 41dc, 1974 58TC

Hey Sparky long time no posts on Freebird, care to share any news?

Nothing new, and I've never heard anything back from the mechanic so many recommended. I'm sure he's busy, but it's always nice to have someone acknowledge they've recieved the email they requested.

Outside that, both boats are very much for sale, and I'll listen to anything reasonable. Hell, I'll listen to anything unreasonable... within reason of course.

I'll give ya $5,000 and some other things I have of value: makarov, RC helicopter, couple p64 guns, and my truck.....well my truck ain't worth much but it has new michelins on it, so how about I just throw in the tires and keep the truck?

I wish I could just hop on a jet and fly down to look Freebird over, this economy has everything screwed up, I'm laid off from my job until spring, you know I manage a concrete batch plant and also I drive a concrete mixer.
    Day before yesterday I went to work to check on the boilers and also to unbury an '89 Subaru that I had re-engined for my wife bu then bought her a new SUV in 2004, after 3 years the tires were low, a small coolant leak drained the engine and the battery died, it was buried in a snowbank, I put a new battery in it, topped off the coolant and threw some gas with some gas-drier in it and it fired right up.
    I drive a 2002 Silverado 3500 dually with a 496cid gas motor that just drinks up gas, getting the Subaru back on the road now means I won't be limited to searching for work locally, I can get a union job at $26 an hour driving a concrete mixer out of Anchorage, I may do that instead of drawing unemployment for the next three months.

Randy I really would hate to pass this opportunity up, honestly I can get $5,000 in 24 hours, I could sell some guns, heck I have 13 of them including two AR15's and a nice Springfield Armory M1A in .308 (M14).

A friend of mine has repeatedly wanted me to fly down to I think its called St. Martin someplace in the Caribbean where he owns a concrete block making plant and wants me to rebuild everything for him, I may take him up on that, it would be several grand for a week or so of work expenses paid.

Its this darn stupid economy, you just don't know how long you have to wait until things pick up and I am just sitting at home watching TV working in my hobby room building models, I have hundreds I have built from a 5 foot long submarine, diesel trucks, lots of boats, a good size collection of pricey brass HO trains and a diecast Corvette and NASCAR car collection.

Randy I feel you have an opportunity here that is being offered to me by a power way above us however I am 52 and not quite so willing to take gambles like I used to years ago, but then again I also have a relative amount of financial security to fall back upon being that I own most everything at home with little in the ways of monthly bills.

I would not want to be just a person to come along and fix the problems, I am a master at that, they call me the McGuyver working at The Junkyard Wars around here. My bank would give me a loan for a higher amount possibly, I did ask earlier this year when I almost got into getting that 41' hat down in Key West that the guy wanted $25k for.

Well thats my story, sounds like I'm just a tirekicker to you I suppose, well you do have what I want so lets see how far I'm willing to risk getting what I want and dammed be this this recession, I'll work on something realistic, at least the interest rates are low right now on loans, its just getting a stable income going again when I usually year after year don't have any this time of year because I am a seasonal worker, I just take three month vacations.

Otherwise I wish you a Happy New Year!

Silverado, I think you have a great plan and as Randy said he's ready to listen to anything and owner finance for those who qualify. I can just see it now....after a few numbers and terms are ironed out between you two, you'll get down to Tennessee and get that 12V71 back together, then shortly thereafter begins the next Maiden Voyage for ole Freebird down to St. Martin! I'm sure Randy would not miss that trip for the world so you'll have crew to help take your new boat (Caribbean Condo) to your new job.

What FUN! Now you guys hammer out the details so we can all watch and enjoy! KEEP US POSTED!

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!