Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: 55 Hatteras Convertible

I'd write that check too and wory about selling my 46 later. It seems like you agree with me. You haven't left boating, you sold yours looking to move up. Current market conditions have caused you to be cautious, but you're still in the game. If I was boatless I'd do the same. Your deal is out there you just haven't found it yet, thus my point that we aren't going away.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by nyrussell View Post
    Thought he sold it!!!!
    If he did, I missed it. Last I heard, he was at 195 firm.

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I'd write that check too and wory about selling my 46 later. It seems like you agree with me. You haven't left boating, you sold yours looking to move up. Current market conditions have caused you to be cautious, but you're still in the game. If I was boatless I'd do the same. Your deal is out there you just haven't found it yet, thus my point that we aren't going away.
    OK, we are in agreement. I'm just waiting for the bottom or for someone who needs cash NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    OK, we are in agreement. I'm just waiting for the bottom or for someone who needs cash NOW.

C'mon guys, Turner was agressively marketing the boat here for $399k a few months ago, remember? He reluctantly came down to $299k firm on here, and now only $195K! There's your 50%!

Timing the bottom is virtually impossible. Either you get in where you are very comfortable on a nice boat (like your 50% of ask requirement) or you miss the bottom. Once the bottom has been called means it has past and so have the best deals because everyone knows the bottom has past and will hold out for more money!

I wonder if his firm $195k is like his firm $295k and his firm $395k was. Show up with $170 or 180k cash and see what happens. The man is obviously motivated to sell. Whoever is in the market for a nice convertible needs to write Turner a check.

5. Re: 55 Hatteras Convertible

Sounds like he's got two offers for $150k right here.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

I bet the first guy to actually submit it in writing gets the boat!

I'm not in the market, but for 150K I would be. I was chasing a 52SF 2 years ago for 259K. If that boat came along today for 180K, I would pass. I know that if I want to sell my boat, I'm going to have to take a lot less then I would have 2 years ago. Net net the spread between the 2 boats neeeds to be the same or less.

So if Turner would take 150K cash, I'd make the deal tomorrow
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    So if Turner would take 150K cash, I'd make the deal tomorrow
    How will you ever know unless you submit an offer in writing?

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    C'mon guys, Turner was agressively marketing the boat here for $399k a few months ago, remember? He reluctantly came down to $299k firm on here, and now only $195K! There's your 50%!

Timing the bottom is virtually impossible. Either you get in where you are very comfortable on a nice boat (like your 50% of ask requirement) or you miss the bottom. Once the bottom has been called means it has past and so have the best deals because everyone knows the bottom has past and will hold out for more money!

I wonder if his firm $195k is like his firm $295k and his firm $395k was. Show up with $170 or 180k cash and see what happens. The man is obviously motivated to sell. Whoever is in the market for a nice convertible needs to write Turner a check.

Well said. These quality boats are selling for prices that no one dreamed they could be bought for. If you find the boat you want, now is the time to buy.
    While waiting for the bottom , some astute buyer will scarf the boat you wanted while you were waiting for the price to drop 5 thousand more.

It is a great time to own a boat with fuel prices at a price that no one thought we would see again and much fewer people on the water.

Just think about how much cheaper it is to do the loop trip you have dreamed about.

Or you can hide in the cabin in the woods waiting for armegeddon and boatless.

I think 150,000 is not off mark for this boat if he is willing to take 195,00 now.
    It will cost the man all of 45k to own this boat for another year.
    Make it 150,000 subject to NOTHING just pick up the boat . If you make a deal My marina might have a spot for the boat to sit on the hard this winter just a little south of Boston. Its cheap for the boat but who knows what tomorrow brings.