Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: 55 Hatteras Convertible

Nah man, that just means he's never bought or sold anything on eBay. At least you can click on his profile and see his picture. Woud you buy a boat from this guy?

This was listed earlier this week http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=74423&url=

The brokers website is also yachtgroupinc.com

I guess Turner's broker is trying ebay first.

If this doesn't work out, maybe I'll throw my offer in, but I know it will be below his reserve so why bother.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    This was listed earlier this week http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi..._id=74423&url=

The brokers website is also yachtgroupinc.com

I guess Turner's broker is trying ebay first.

If this doesn't work out, maybe I'll throw my offer in, but I know it will be below his reserve so why bother.
    Things must be tough if yacht brokers have resorted to ebay. From what several brokers told me, the boats that were selling at the Lauderdale show were selling for 50-70% of asking price. With that in mind, $190k sounds not unrealistic for a $299k ask boat in this market. If the reserve is $199k I bet it sells.

Randy, LOVE the pic! ROFLOL

Smile Re: 55 Hatteras Convertible

few thousand more and it can be your boat...........................

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    few thousand more and it can be your boat...........................
    So Turner, is this really your boat?

If you're using a broker, why not dump him and save the commission? Then you could lower your reserve and sell the thing on eBay based on what we're seeing.

The bids keep getting lower. The first auction had no bids. The second reached $191,000 but the reserve was not met. The third reached $161,100 but didn't meet the reserve. And now this one only hit $135,100 with no reserve! Notice the added condition added the day before the auction closed.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...spagenameZWDVW.

Have prices gotten this soft or is this boat a victim of poor/over marketing?
    Last edited by saltshaker; 12-04-2008 at 11:44 AM.
    Jack Sardina

Why doesn't he just contact the bidder that was up to $191 and let it go? That's only $4k under his minimum.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I'm confused about a few things. It says the winning bid was $135,100 but I see the added bit about $195K as well. Seems to me that if the boat were offered with no reserve, the addition of the $195K minimum would not apply. Looks to me like Turner (or his broker) agreed to sell his boat for $135,100. The bidder could take him to court and win that one IMO.

In addition, the seller now shows 3 positive reports whereas when the boat was first listed, there were zero. Looks like the Bayliner is gone too. Nothing personal toward Turner, but this all seems a bit too strange. Maybe he'll come back and clear things up for us.

I would agree but I think it would cost more to file a legal action than the savings is worth. I was considering making an offer on this boat but the numbers I've been seeing make me wonder what any of these boats are really worth right now. How hard will it be for me to sell my '74 46SF even at a low price? I keep seeing asking prices that seem way too low, yet the boats still aren't selling. What is the bottom for an old sportfish when the new/newer ones aren't selling. I'm not looking at this as an investment but don't want to be stuck with 2 old boats that nobody wants at any price.
    Jack Sardina

Turner & I tried to see if we could work a deal. Krush was in MA, had some free time and checked it out for me. Krush's feedback was it's a nice boat.

I then went to the trouble of calling marinas for a place to park this machine. What I found was 60' slips are scarce or very expensive here in Connecticut. Then the stock market tanked, banks became loan adverse and I finally had to email Turner saying I was not in a position to make him an offer.

I hope the boat sells. (It will remove further temptation)