Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Chill !

Bubbas' cuzzin

Since we got a pretty good handle on the battery/engine room job, the X-O and I decided to start in the galley for the next undertaking. This is going to involve pulling/moving the dinette, installing a washer dryer combo, putting in a new portlite, AND changing out the stove/oven/dishwasher combo.
    Bubbas cousin just HAD to be in charge of this job...'Ol Billy Ray Bobby Lee just couldnt couldnt get enuff screwin' any where else, so he took on the job of installin' the range. Steel screws into brackets with more screw, into more brackets into wood covered with trim... I had to pull over a hundred of them to get this SOB out. 'Old boy was either a YELLOW HAMMER or fried out on some cheap likker, cause ther was no method to the madness on this one !! It took four hours to pull the units out, AND I wasnt even trying to be gentle with it. KRIPES ya'll!!! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 02-28-2009 at 05:30 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Re: The Big Chill !

Twelve screws later, I got the panel off that held the two incandescent range lites and main fuse. What a royal pain the the KEISTER! The opening between the counter and the bulkhead was 27-1/2" and you guessed it, the range was ASSEMBLED in situ as 27-17/32 ! Another 20 screws held that in too. Wouldnt want the unit to come out if you rolled in a broach now would you???
    How about that sole SKY??? Count yer blessings!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

After about 2 hours we decided that the exhaust blower plenum needed to come out to get at another 20 screws. This was the easy part... only 6 wood screws that were 3 inches long with a stubby screwdriver, left handed, standing on a gallon paint can... it gets better.
    A mere case of COITUS INTERUPTUS !!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Ya know what Willy always say... dont get mad... get CUTTIN'. That stupid washer was some kind of hard sheet metal. I went through 3 Sawzmostofem' blades and a bunch of really sore muscles this morning along with a bunch of black and blue marks! Ears are still ringing too! I'm glads its' Sunday... now I can say JESUS H. CHRIST without fear of retribution! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Had to cut that bastard in half to get it out the door to the pilot house... cant wait to bring the new one in through the hatch in the V berth. Angela??
    ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Sure felt good to toss this crap twenty feet to the ground!! If anybody needs any misc. Modern Maid parts, sing out now or its all going into the shitcan. I saved the control switches, elements, and the washer motor...
    as is, where is, plus shipping. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Sure looks like da hood around that boat! You deserve a day off after that job. You are a lucky man to have the XO! My wife goes into hiding if she thinks I might need help with "manual labor" .

Yep Dave.... I am truly blessed with this gal!!! ... And now a word from MY BOSS;

Hi... If I didn't keep on him nothing would get done....Just kidding. Bill is a work horse. This will be my first experience on the "sub", so far it sails pretty smooth on the hard. Lets see how good Bill Sails on the smooth.!!!!

ppat
    yachtsmanWILLY

Bill,
    That MM unit is a monster. I have vivid memories of the cuts and bruises left from getting the one out of my boat. I started off with just removing screws, but ended up ripping and cutting just as you did.

Apparently the parts are not really in demand. I kept the elements, knobs, etc, but nobody ever claimed them. I'll wait a few more weeks just to see and then throw mine away as well.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Hey SKY... and so they went. Gotta love purging LOL.
    De-bubba-ized a bunch more stuff today while the X-O varnished a
    ton-o-wood. Prepping the galley for a rehab, I encountered some wierd stuff, AGAIN. Along with the 220 vac feed to the stove, there was a small 110 vac (?) wire that I think fed the clock and or lites on the range. Needless to say, no volts from it after turning all the breakers on and off. Cycled the 32 vdc stuff also to make sure. Retired in place... RIP.
    Pics show half the range screws and switch panel... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY