Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Chill !

Re: The Big Chill !

Quote Originally Posted by chris piazza View Post
    Its all fun work! Just some more fun than others, Seriously, looking good Bill! I don't know where you find the energy at your age!

Chris
    Superior Nights 53C

C'mon Chris... "a man is only as old as the woman he feels.." W.C.Fields
    I just hope i get to finish this one before I KACK! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    WOW !!! A first!! Cardox bottle looks good, but lets move them battery boxes. Can ya really get BOTH knees between them lol?? ws

I usually SIT on the battery boxes. Did you notice that I covered the factory welding cables with red and yellow wrap for the judges?

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    I usually SIT on the battery boxes. Did you notice that I covered the factory welding cables with red and yellow wrap for the judges?

A little artistic license Dave... I hope ya dont mind!! BTW... gonna install those T plugs tomorrow! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 02-22-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Someday I will learn photoshop! Here is a pic I took while sitting on the batt boxes. I do my best thinking there. Good luck with the drains.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    Someday I will learn photoshop! Here is a pic I took while sitting on the batt boxes. I do my best thinking there. Good luck with the drains.

Now that's purdy!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Sky. I snapped a bunch of pics for another site where they always talk about leaky Detroits. I rebuilt it 3 years ago. Only a couple seeps.

I noticed the original foam covered air silencers. What are your thoughts on that?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky,
    I installed demisters on the boat in 1993 for the PO. I had some small demisters that I removed off of a Viking that I made into airbox drain cans.
    The engines have always stayed clean with the demisters and as has been stated before the Airseps have a tendancy to oil up the intercooler/aftercooler. Basically I felt if it ain't broke why fix it. I spent the 2200.00 that the airseps would have cost on cylinder kits.
    Dave

It took an hour plus to get to the boat today... I-80 was stopped for a semi truck fire. By the time I got to it, it was a mere rolling chassis with a trailer attached to it. Interesting... 'glass body, sleeper, and fenders. Should snapped a pic, but I wasnt thinking yet...
    Installed the crap cans this morning. I drilled out bubbas #12 wood screws that held them on and tapped the stringer for 3/8-16 SS bolts. Much better! The stringers are hollow, and have a 1/2" (?) shell. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Also installed the engine bilge drains. That is a job for a contortionist... not a 53 year old fat fugger! The divider is 1" thick and appears to be solid glass. I drilled them last fall and let the holes dry out till now. The got bedded with 4200 aqnd tapped in. This will definitely facilitate cleaning the bays next time around. Less grease under the fingernails now; instead its 4200 and paint. What a pleasant change LOL. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY