Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Chill !

Re: The Big Chill !

...And RAINED, rained, and rained some more. Six inches today and then IKE gets here.
    At 5am the USACE dropped the river 2 feet in anticipation of flooding. By 8 it was back the 2 feet plus one. Hmm... When gator left at 2 the water was knee deep over the dock. By 6 tonite when the yard shut off the dock power, the pedestals were under a foot and the deck of the sub was 8-9 feet ABOVE the dock. The yard guys had to get an extension ladder from the patio to the bow for me to crawl off on. The silver ladder between the fenders is a 4 footer!
    Right before I left the NOAA weather said the river was 4 feet above flood and they expect it to crest at 10 feet above flood. Gotta take off EARLY in the a.m. to reconoiter. ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 09-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Hey Bill,
    It's been raining here for over 24hrs straight now. I think I'd rather have it now while it's still liquid than later when it becomes a solid.

BTW, nice job on the genny removal.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks SKY! Look at the crud that was under it and youll see why it had to come out! All the insulation on the bulkhead is oil soaked too. I am thinking of using foil backed insulation on that. Any other ideas?
    As of tonite, the USACE was going to open the locks and let all the slotchka water go out into the lake... dont drink the water !! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

The lakes could use some more water. Bring it on. It would be nice to get above chart datum for a while.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

That's just a fresh water rinse. The docks probably were dirty anyway.

Just think what the 36" we got from Fay would do.

Bill the sub looks good. The genny another story. Is it worth fixing? I had an old westerbroke and it was about $4k for parts and machining to rebuild the engine side.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Hopefully the gen side is OK and the engine will get rings, bearings and probably an injector pump... if SCROD ever answers my email!! LOL
    Went back down this morning, and since the USACE opened the locks to the lake, the level dropped about a foot. ...And the rain kept blasting all morning so we lost 6 inches off of that foot! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

Couldnt do much at the boat so we just came home. Gonna try and egress tomorrow to adjust lines!
    Got back here and had a surprise. It was dark at 5 am when I left here. The sump pump has been running all morning so I suppose I should check the basement for a treat!! It aint 36 inches Scott, but you dont usually get 20 inches of snow either! This much rain wouldve been 8 feet of the fluffy white stuff! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 09-23-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

This just in !! Live footage haha!! ws
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D5qkrpj1rE
    yachtsmanWILLY

Now that is some rain, great video Bill, LOVE the 1271 videos too, gosh they sound absolutely fantastic when they are running!!!!

Did I see Geraldo floating by?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.