Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 125 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Chill !

Re: The Big Chill !

Bill give Kent ( SHVLDIS) a PM about the genny in the cockpit. he has one there and another in the area under the galley. I believe the one in the galley is smaller and used more often too. He has repositioned the one in the cockpit for access and noise issues.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

hey bill, my aft genny only runs off of the aft tank, about 200 gallons. if i could learn to put pics here i would be one smart guy, sorry no pics, by the way, there isn,t enough room in there to take pictures with the 17kw and sound shield. bigbill

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    hey bill, my aft genny only runs off of the aft tank, about 200 gallons. if i could learn to put pics here i would be one smart guy, sorry no pics, by the way, there isn,t enough room in there to take pictures with the 17kw and sound shield. bigbill
    BigBill, FYI my aft genny only pulls from the aft (cockpit) tank and the forward genny only pulls from the fwd tank. The fwd setup is OE as far as I can tell. I think that cockpit tank is about 250 gallons if I remember correctly.

If your concerned about dampness You already have the unit out so if you know your going to keep it. Strip off the soft stuff seal it up sandblast and paint. Use a good epoxy primer then urethane finish.

Brian

So after a 100 mile jaunt in the Diamond Star this morning, went to work on the westerhozits. I washed the whole unit down with fuel oil, then 2 cans of Gunk followed by a vigorous presssure wash. This link shows a cold start up at 4:25 pm today. Hot wired the shut down solenoid and the lift pump. I let her run for an hour with no load... still need to get the control box wired. Even with a meager water supply she ran up to about 185 F and held steady. I just added about 5 AVIs to youtube so please check them out. Go HAWKS!!! ws http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57lCDyoWx5g
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

I felt a little slighted by the experts... No one ever commented on the "unexcited" voltage condition. At 1800 rpm one leg to neutral was 39 VAC; same with the other. Leg to leg was 78 which makes sense. We'll see what gives with the next run. The WB control system is sooo simple compared to the Osamanans. This is the whole Johnson... ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

Was also thinking about the other guy that couldnt pull the sink faucets apart... Old limey?? Blighmee Gubnah! This is the secret slot. Thats all I have to say about that! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-24-2008 at 06:53 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    I felt a little slighted by the experts... No one ever commented on the "unexcited" voltage condition. At 1800 rpm one leg to neutral was 39 VAC; same with the other. Leg to leg was 78 which makes sense. We'll see what gives with the next run. The WB control system is sooo simple compared to the Osamanans. This is the whole Johnson... ws

Sorry... heres the Johnson LOL ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 10-24-2008 at 06:53 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

If it's been sitting a long time You may have to flash the field windings to get output.

Brian

Blighmee Gubnah!

Cor strike a light, that Yotsman bloke is a diamond geezer! So, down to the old castle and moat tomorrer and I'll ave those taps apart quicker than a dog wif is lolloy lick in a mincer!
    OldLimey? Something to do with the Royal Navy, limes and scurvy? Nope! Just geriatric and sour!